Triumph Motorcycle?

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I know, this is not tractor related, but it is sort of.

I am seriously considering purchasing a new Triumph Bonneville for my fleeting spare time. It's not a Kubota, but then a Kubota isn't a Triumph either.

I haven't had a motorcycle in some years and I had a Triumph in 1968. A Bonneville to be exact.

I was wondering if any posters have or have had any experiences with the new Triumphs?

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #2  
I had a Triumph Bonneville 650, a Triumph Bonneville 750 and have had Goldwings ever since. If you're looking at a Triumph now, you might want to take a look at their new three cylinder Rocket. It's a 2294cc heavy cruiser that is a new entry into the market. Everything I've read and seen about it has been positive. It was just shown to US dealers in August and, again, the response was very favorable.

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #3  
Yes, I nearly bought a Speed Triple but decided it was more bike than I needed. I have a friend with a new Bonneville and another with a Speed triple. Both bikes are very well built. I have ridden both. The Bonneville will certainly take you back in time. They have more displacement and power than the old 650 machines but otherwise are remarkably similar. I think that Lucas, Prince of Darkness has been banned from their factory. A few years ago a fire nearly wiped them out a second time but they are doing well now with good sells and a decent dealer network. Go get yourself a Bonnie /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. J

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #4  
and a lid /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. J

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #5  
Did you know that Triumph was the very first motorcycle to be found in an historical reference? It's true! From the Old Testament: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, Daryl -- it's the only biker joke I know!

Pete

/ Triumph Motorcycle?
Gary:

I have my heart set on the "Bonnie". The blue and whit with the red pinstripe to be exact. Just before I got on the site, I firmed the deal with my credit card for a deposit.

I have to get rid of my sled first. I am either going to sell it outright or trade it on the bike.

I am really taking a reduction in horsepower, my Arctic Cat has 180, the Bonneville has 61. Of course, the Bonneville dosen't run on snow either.

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #7  
Not to change the subject, but did you see where the Indian motorcycle company has went bankrupt again and shut down?
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Too bad they couldn't make it.

/ Triumph Motorcycle?
J:

I remember my 1968 Bonneville T-120 fondly, it leaked oil, vibrated (you rode in a blizzard of nuts and bolts), but not quite as bad as the BSA's, had Amal Concentric Carbs that you tickled (peed fuel all over your leg) to start, a chain oiler that covered you in oil and the bike too.

I wish I had it today. The new Bonnie will take me back to that time with no mess on the garage floor and no Lucas, miss a shift and blow every light electrics. I remember the Smiths gages too. The ammeter in the headlight that swung from side to side all the time. Unreadable.

For all you guys, I still have the original 1968 Triumph Factory Shop Manual with degree wheel, a collectors item

My 1968 cost $1,326.00
My 2004 cost $8,100.00

I guess in todays dollars, we are about even up.

One way or another, I am going to take delivery on December 17. I'll bring it home on my drop deck trailer as the bike is in Kalamazoo and I have to get some farm equipment anyway. I pomise I will post some pictures. I even have my wife's blessing.

/ Triumph Motorcycle?
Durbob:

I read that somewhere. I am not a fan of the V-twin American cruisers, but I don't like seeing any company succumb to the poor economy.

I might add that the V-twin Japanese cruisers don't light my fire either.

/ Triumph Motorcycle? #10  
The new Triumphs don't still have the brake and gear shift on the wrong sides, do they?