Is your initial impression of someone usually correct?

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #21  
To the OP, I might of missed it, but were you telling us about your first impressions of your future son in law, or the real estate salesman ?
My first impression of people is usually pretty accurate.
I can weed out BS very quickly.

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #22  
Curious what your GFs opinion is of her potential future SIL?

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct?
To the OP, I might of missed it, but were you telling us about your first impressions of your future son in law, or the real estate salesman ?
My first impression of people is usually pretty accurate.
I can weed out BS very quickly.

I made no mention at all of a realtor....not sure why you inquire. And for what it may be worth, NOBODY has a positive opinion of the guy I mentioned in the OP...my GF and everyone else outside of his family thinks he is a loser.

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #24  
I made no mention at all of a realtor....not sure why you inquire. And for what it may be worth, NOBODY has a positive opinion of the guy I mentioned in the OP...my GF and everyone else outside of his family thinks he is a loser.

Including your GFs daughter??

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #25  
Most of time I am right. I spent too much time hanging with losers when I was young. I can spot them pretty easily. There are some real predators out there.

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #27  
They say your first impression is right because you spend the next twenty years making it come true.

/ Is your initial impression of someone usually correct? #28  
your comments are either behavior based or strong indicators of decision making skills and results. And, you were with him sufficient time to observe a number of these. I find that behavior and decision making skills of an adult are set and do not change...thus such first opinions are true even after more time spent with the person. I, too, form opinions based on behavior and am about 95% accurate, given a first interaction which is of reasonable duration and in a "normal" environment. A meeting at a party or casual meeting may not provide a sufficient sample size to achieve an opinion of reasonable accuracy.

Now, if you form an opinion based on attractiveness, gender, race, religious affiliation or any other such criteria, then your opinion, likewise, will remain fixed even though you get to know the person for longer. These characteristics, if used, hook into a person's own existing biases and beliefs which will only infrequently fully match the actual individual's behavior and life decisions. Seems to me that this dichotomy can, unfortunately, foster a level of rancor, conflict and anxiety between individuals .