lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas?

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #11  
Pull the battery...if there is a battery on the motherboard, pull that one too. No POST...sounds like the CMOS might be corrupted. Leave the battery out for a bit (a minute or two minimum), then replace it. If there is a motherboard battery, that's the one that needs to come out and give it a few minutes (which should reset the BIOS). I had a similar problem (no POST or boot up) on my wife's desktop earlier this year...and pulling the MB battery for a few minutes did the trick.

The only thing that I would add here is after pulling the battery(s), hold the power button down for 10 sec or so. This will discharge any capacitors.

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #12  
   / lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #13  
No post codes at all usually means a blown video card. It's the first thing that gets checked.

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas?
and is a good possibility, as the screen don't even flicker at power on, including an external monitor. so NOTHING is getting thru to the video.

some part of the buss is powering as the dvd eject button will work though.

plan on pulling the hdd for files saving.... think she's toast.

thanks guys

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #15  
No post codes at all usually means a blown video card. It's the first thing that gets checked.

Huh?
The beep (CMOS) codes are there for that reason...if you have no video interface the beep codes are all you do have...

Soundguy...when you open it up see if you notice capacitors than have domed tops...

i'll let you know what i find.

so far no electrical smell... no oozing electrolyte either too.

over the years the only thing this reminds me of is one time i have seen a ram chip that more or less was holding the bus low.. bad chip.. etc..

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #17  
i'll let you know what i find.

so far no electrical smell... no oozing electrolyte either too.

over the years the only thing this reminds me of is one time i have seen a ram chip that more or less was holding the bus low.. bad chip.. etc..

Yep. Pull the main battery. Pull the cmos battery. Pull the memory. Push the power button and hold it for a while to drain any of the caps.

Put in a known good cmos battery, plug in the AC power supply and give it a try.
If no beeps, no good. Pull the drive and toss the rest.

Good luck.

/ lenovo thinkpad t500 no boot or post code? ideas? #18  
i say...future skeet target. thats what i did with my old laptop.

had a rechargeable cmos battery.. not a coil type. in any case. pulled hdd, grabbed a flea mkt job for 120$.. should be up and running.

thanks fo rthe ideas.

figure it was just it's time.