Had a close call in January.

/ Had a close call in January. #11  
Know the feelin, last January as well. If the viral cardio mitosis had hit me at night instead of in the day time . I could have died in my sleep.

I don't know the details of that disease, but anytime you get to discuss it with a cardiologist after the event, that is another lottery win.

Good reminders for us all...... Any day above ground - make it a good one !

Rgds, D.

/ Had a close call in January. #12  
Good luck, stay active- best advise ever! Thanks for posting.

/ Had a close call in January. #13  
glad you are on the improving road...and thanks for sharing....good reminders.

/ Had a close call in January. #14  
Glad you have more time here with your loved ones. Thanks for the education from your experience.
:thumbsup:

/ Had a close call in January.
I am doing this type of work about 37 years with few short interruptions and it finally caught up with me. As we get older we are more prone to get sick. Blood clots included. I am hoping that I will recover fully and change my life style to prevent future occurrence. To be exact my wife will change my life style after I retire. lol.

/ Had a close call in January. #17  
I am doing this type of work about 37 years with few short interruptions and it finally caught up with me. As we get older we are more prone to get sick. Blood clots included. I am hoping that I will recover fully and change my life style to prevent future occurrence. To be exact my wife will change my life style after I retire. lol.

Here's hoping that you intended to say "....my wife will fully and completely change my life style after I retire."

Habits can be a challenge to modify - don't wait, start now. I think you have started.... this is just important enough for somebody other than your wife to do some "coaching" ;).

Keep at it, be well.

Rgds, D.

I read somewhere that married men live longer. I guess there is a reason for it.

/ Had a close call in January. #19  
Good Morning RIT,
Really glad to hear that you made it home and had your condition diagnosed ! A little longer down there and it might have been to late. Im closing in on 63 and try to lead a active lifestyle. Meaning at least 2 1/2 mile walk every day along with pushups and incline bench situps. Also try to have a balanced diet and moderate alcohol consumption. I think this all leads to a healthier body and longevity ! Hopefully your wife is right about retirement, changing to a healthier lifestyle... :)

Well I had another close call yesterday. I was sitting on front seat in the company bus and fell asleep. Suddenly I woke up with my face on the shattered windshield. Suffered few superficial cuts to my face and bruised both knees when the front of the bus moved inside about half foot. You can see where my face hit the windshield. The bus driver was not paying attention when the jeepney in front of us stopped and rear-ended it. Fortunately the bus was going uphill and at relatively slow speed about 20 mph. About four people traveling on the jeepney ended up in hospital with various non-life threatening injuries. It really freaked me out because I am on blood thinner and if I suffered internal injury I could have bled to death. I should quit the job rather sooner than later. Planning to retire in July/September.

[AlTTACH=CONFIG]376013[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Bus accident 02.jpg
    Bus accident 02.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 110