I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what?

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #11  
On Amazon, I only use a credit card. You mentioned the first clue. Feedback. That is the first thing I look at. If they have ANY recent bad feedback, i move on no matter how sweet the deal looks.the old saying. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is" . What is the normal retail on the type of ipad you bought? Paypal is getting so universal but has it's pitfalls as you found out. It's great for ebay and have gotten refunded on the smallest of items. But as general payment as you mentioned it has loopholes. Good job.

Sent via Ipad2

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #12  
Number one, without a SIGNATURE from you, there is NO PROOF OF DELIVERY. Essentially a mailman can sit in his living room in his underwear and scan all the daily deliveries and that would be considered PROOF - I don't think so.
If it was me and Amazon and pay pal jerked me around they would be served papers that afternoon, there would be no guarantee of a win, but at $350.00 an hr, for their legal fees, I'd get my money back watching them waste it. Chances are better that 50/50 you would win and legal case against the entire lot of culprits.

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what?
There are some holes in this story around the pay pal issue if the information I have is correct. I've never used paypal with Amazon, They only take credit cards (registered)
I suppose you could "gift" Amazon the money, but who would do that for a consumer item that might need to be returned?
some clarity would be appreciated, or this is just wasted band width...

I should have clarified that I paid for it with my Paypal debit card but the post was so long already I skipped a few details. You use your Paypal debit card or Paypal credit card just like any other Mastercard.

wow, glad you took the time to do your own detective work.
Thanks for posting. So why did they not get a signature but still accept that it had been delivered?

When a seller sells an item for OVER $750, Paypal rules state they must get a signature on delivery to be protected from claims. Sales under $750 do not require a signature. This is why they sold the iPad for $733, so they would not have to get my signature. I found other places that sold this iPad from $750 to $825 so it was not unusual for Amazon to have it a little bit cheaper. If it had been for $500, I would have known it was too good to be true and a scam.

Most of the bad reviews for this company were posted after I placed my order so this was a scam they recently started and hooked a bunch of people real quick.

For those who want more details, I am posting some of the emails I received from Double-Clik Technology and the postal inspector below with only some identifying words removed:

DOUBLE-CLIK's email:

Re: Order delivery inquiry from Amazon customer Dudley XXX (Order: 112-3292653-XXXXX)

I have contacted the buyer and it shows the package was delivered today.
The tracking number is 9305520111400457552672 it shows delivered today.

On May 19, 2014 12:27 PM, "Dudley XXX - Amazon Marketplace" <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Order ID 112-3292653-780XXX:
1 of Apple iPad Air MF016LL/A NEWEST VERSION [ASIN: B00G4FZAIM]

------------- Begin message -------------

Hello,

We've been contacted by a customer regarding the order identified below.

--------------------
Order#: 112-3292653-780XXX
Item: Apple iPad Air MF016LL/A NEWEST VERSION
Reason: Where's My Stuff ?

Details: We are contacting you on behalf of the buyer regarding order #112-3292653-780XXX . The buyer would like to have a refund for the item he didn't received. We encourage sellers to choose the more customer friendly resolution by coordinating with the buyer. We expect to hear from you in the soonest possible time.

Thank you and have a great day.

Postal Inspector's email:

In Response To Your Mail Fraud Report C#1708XXX

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System. Your reference number is C#1708XXX. If we need more information, you will be contacted directly. Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.
Please note that Postal Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure that your losses are refunded.
We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction.
In the future, if you have complaints about mail fraud or mail theft, you can visit our website, Object moved, to file a complaint online.

United States Postal Inspection Service

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #15  
Number one, without a SIGNATURE from you, there is NO PROOF OF DELIVERY. .

was probably delivery confermation.

that's a barcode scan.. they do that before it goes to your box.. or po box.

it's not like a certified or registerd mail delivery.. where you have to be there to sign for it.. etc.

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #16  
After a little searching, Double Clik Technology Solutions, has only been a business for a year and appears to be based out of an Apartment Building.

Double Clik Technology Solutions LLC in Santa Rosa, CA - Bizapedia Profile
Company Information
Company Name: DOUBLE CLIK TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LLC
File Number: 201310310214
Filing State: California (CA)
Filing Status: Active
Filing Date: February 22, 2013
Company Age: 1 Year 3 Months
Registered Agent:
Lookup Address on Google Maps

Shawn Conley Balistreri
220 Burt St #103
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Principal Address:
Lookup Address on Google Maps

Po Box 1341
Santa Rosa, CA 95402

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #17  
Thanks for the information. I'm amazed at all of it, but especially the part of them actually mailing a package to a random person in your zip code to prove that it had been delivered!!!! That's a real scam artist there, one who needs to be in jail and not allowed to take advantage of people anymore. I sure hope you are successful in causing him/her as much pain and they have caused others.

Eddie

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #18  
Thanks for posting. I had no idea this scam was possible.

/ I caught an Amazon scammer - Now what? #19  
It never ceases to amaze me how hard some people will work to scam others but wouldn't consider hitting a lick at a honest job.