Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #1  

alchemysa

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B1550HSD
Has anyone else tried to reset their Ebay password, as requested, recently? I'm trying but its not working. Reset password emails are not coming to my registered ebay email address, although other ebay emails DO. Phone contact takes me around in circles. Text and automated phone responses wont work because they have an old phone number registered and I cant change it because I cant get into my account!

Its looking like I might just give up trying to reset my password and, instead, re-register as a new member. Until I do, I cant buy anything on Ebay.

And heres a a weird thing. If I Google 'Ebay password reset problems' (or similar) the most recent result I get is MAY 27!!! Looks a bit fishy to me.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #2  
I reset mine a few days ago and got a password changed email from Ebay. Are you sure the email address you have on file with Ebay is the correct current one?
If you have reset it and just haven't received a conformation, I would sign out and then sign back in with the new password.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results.
Gary51, Any attempt to reset my email password or recover a forgotten password results in a message saying "We sent an email to ..... " (the correct email address). But nothing ever arrives. I've tried on a couple of different computers and yes I've checked the junk many times. but no luck. Been trying on and off for over a week.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #4  
Have you tried from another computer to sign in using the new password? Sounds like possibly your just not getting the confirmation email but the new password is active. It might be also that if you've made a few attempts they may have locked the account as if an attempted hacking were occurring. I would attempt to email Ebay with your issue. Would hate for you to lose your buyers rating and positive feedback by starting over as a new buyer.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results.
Have you tried from another computer to sign in using the new password?

What new password? I can never get to any screen that lets me choose a new password. And if I choose the 'forgot my password' option then it now wants to send me a text to an old phone number. All of a sudden it won't send a message to an email address. I think I'll just re-register.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #6  
I changed mine a few weeks ago with no issues. Logged in and started change passwd process. got the email and was able to click in the link from email ebay sent me. I made sure i went to ebay.com and do it directly there instead of following a you need to change your password email link.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #7  
What new password? I can never get to any screen that lets me choose a new password. And if I choose the 'forgot my password' option then it now wants to send me a text to an old phone number. All of a sudden it won't send a message to an email address. I think I'll just re-register.

OK I thought you had gotten to that page but just did not receive the confirmation email. I would not know anything else to do beyond emailing Ebay support for help.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #8  

OK I thought you had gotten to that page but just did not receive the confirmation email. I would not know anything else to do beyond emailing Ebay support for help.

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #9  
I reset mine a few days ago and got a password changed email from Ebay. Are you sure the email address you have on file with Ebay is the correct current one?
If you have reset it and just haven't received a conformation, I would sign out and then sign back in with the new password.

Ditto, did it Sunday, went well, but I did use the correct password and it wouldnt except it? go figure, reset back to same PW and alls good

/ Ebay password reset problems - and fishy search results. #10  
Can you logon to the Australia EBay web page ? If so, go to "Account - Personal Information" and that is where you change your password. If you have an "email" from EBay telling you to change your password with a link attached, that link may not really be from EBay and is a phishing email. If you hover your mouse cursor over the link it will probably show an address that is not EBay. I have gotten several emails from "PayPall" (not PayPal) and sent them to PayPal security for review. Be sure to go to the website directly, not from an email attachment to do anything dealing with your account, be it EBay, a bank, a store, etc.