Graduation gifts.....

/ Graduation gifts..... #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
I have recently given graduation gifts of $100-150 cash to various high school graduates who were not family nor really close friends...yet 3 weeks later I have yet to recieve any type of appreciation for my gift....these graduates know my email address, my home addess, my Facebook and Myspace address, as well as my text message number...but have any of them taken a few moments to let me know they received and/or appreciated my gift....oh, no....heaven forbid they do that. I recall back in 1968...I wrote personal thank-you notes to the people who gave me gifts that were as miniscule as $5 checks as a high school graduation present...what the h*ll is the matter with today's selfish, immature crop of graduates???!!!

WHAT THE F**K IS THE MATTER WITH THESE A**HOLES?????

/ Graduation gifts.....
So...what it is the matter with todays ingrate f*cktards that they lack the proper manners to tell those who are thoughtful enough to say : "Thank You".

/ Graduation gifts..... #3  
I am approaching 40 and would have sent a thank you, as my daughter will do when the time comes. I have learned from watching others being walked on time and time again. My motto is it may happen once but never again no matter what the relationship is. I just move on and be the bigger person.

/ Graduation gifts.....
Bingo. About 5 years ago I worked my butt off to help my ex's niece move in the middle of winter...provided the truck, boxes, pads, equipment. Shoveled 300' of foot deep snow covered walk twice to help her move. What did she say? "Hey thanks everybody" on Facebook...and I did not even belong. Selfish, worthless b*tch

/ Graduation gifts..... #5  
I think Bilko nailed it, gift if you want to but some of the niceties and attention to etiquette are rarer than they used to be, so just move on.

If you are really upset, I can offer a free gift without thanks therapy program. You send me a gift, I'll send you a thank you ... promise. :laughing:

/ Graduation gifts..... #6  
Same has happened to me many times. No thanks for whatever you do. I just get over it and move on. As I got older I also learned to say no more often for moving favors and such. You should also get over it and move on. If you can't then learn to say no more often. If you can't say no then don't complain when you get no thanks or compensation back.

/ Graduation gifts.....
I have had the same thing happen to me.

So....who is to blame...parents or the kids? WTF is the matter with people today??? I plowed the driveway for a neighbor I barely knew for two years after her husband passed away, she came over and gave us a home baked cake and a thank you card with a $50 Speedway gas card and PERSONALLY THANKED ME FOR MY THOUGHTFULLNESS. So....why can't today's worthless punk ingrates have that kind of manners?????

/ Graduation gifts..... #9  
So....who is to blame...parents or the kids? WTF is the matter with people today??? I plowed the driveway for a neighbor I barely knew for two years after her husband passed away, she came over and gave us a home baked cake and a thank you card with a $50 Speedway gas card and PERSONALLY THANKED ME FOR MY THOUGHTFULLNESS. So....why can't today's worthless punk ingrates have that kind of manners?????

Crosby, Stills & Nash....

Teach your children well...

/ Graduation gifts..... #10  
I am confused as to why you gave graduation gifts to kids you are not really close to. Perhaps they are confused as well. It is not a standard thing to do. Gifts should always be given without regard to a thankyou in return. If you require a thankyou- don't give a gift, or spell it out in your gift. In today's world of wackos, kids and parents are correct in rejecting obligation that is implied from strangers. If you know the families and students well, then that is another story, and then manners is what it is all about.