What is this aircraft?

/ What is this aircraft? #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I saw 3 fly over tonight. I have seen them fly over 4 times previously too. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, I just want someone to confirm it.

/ What is this aircraft?
Canadian built De Havilland Dash 8?

That is a good guess but it is smaller than that. It was not that high when I took the pictures. I only used the optical zoom (10x) on the camera when I took the pictures. It was not a turboprop.

/ What is this aircraft? #5  
I'm pretty sure it is a turboprop. I'd say they are correct with the DHC8 .

/ What is this aircraft? #6  
That is a good guess but it is smaller than that. It was not that high when I took the pictures. I only used the optical zoom (10x) on the camera when I took the pictures. It was not a turboprop.

DHC8 has many variations. Length would be most obvious. Passenger capacity is from about 35 on the short ones to about 85 on the long ones. This changes appearance a lot.

Bruce

/ What is this aircraft? #7  
Next time you see one, go to your computer right away and visit this site:

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Zoom in on your area, then click on the aircraft image near your location. (Some are real time, some are 5 min. delay.) The site will tell you what it is.

Bruce

/ What is this aircraft? #8  
Good Lord. I just tried your link Bruce. I had NO idea something like that existed. "Things" are getting downright spooky.

/ What is this aircraft? #9  
Cool link. Wish I'd had it yesterday when a military fighter buzzed me while on my tractor. But I wonder if it tracks those too??

/ What is this aircraft? #10  
Oh no! New fritterware that is guaranteed to keep me glued to the computer while the chores go undone.
That is a really cool program, Bruce.