Tractor falls through suspension bridge

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #2  
I'm guessing that the driver needed a new pair of underpants after that experience :eek:

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #4  
Do you reckon they'll charge the idiot for the bridge repairs and removal costs?

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #5  
Hmmm................ 3 ton max load for bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,New Holland TV 6070 comes in at just over 15000 lbs, probably without any ballasting, Perhaps we have a Darwin Awards Candidate?

Cheers

Roger

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #6  
Do you reckon they'll charge the idiot for the bridge repairs and removal costs?

Probably a state worker.

Ok, had to laugh, after reading the second article, the guy was a former county commissioner. This is the guy who was elected? LOL Perhaps that's why he's the former commissioner.

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #7  
From the second link:

“We got it out (Monday) night thanks to friends and neighbors,” he said.

With supervision from Moffat County Road and Bridge, Dickinson made sure the bridge was supported while the tractor was towed off the structure.

Dickinson said the incident occurred because of a misunderstanding. One of his new employees took the Swinging Bridge route instead of the alternative Utah route.

“I had a new employee, and this was just a simple honest mistake,” Dickinson said.

Linda DeRose, Moffat County Road and Bridge Department manager, said the state bridge inspector will begin evaluating the full extent of the damage to the structure Tuesday.

Until that evaluation comes through, DeRose said they won’t know what the cost of repair will be and if the county’s insurance will cover it.

“We turned it into insurance, but we don’t know what’s going to come out,” she said.

The county will have to wait for the cost estimates before moving forward with plans for repair, so at this point, the bridge will be closed indefinitely.

“We’ll see what the engineers say and go from there,” Moffat County Commissioner Chuck Grobe said.

Dickinson apologized on behalf of his staff.

“I apologize for the disruption,” he said. “We’re inconvenienced just like everyone else."

It sounds like a dumb mistake and the owner seems sincere.

/ Tractor falls through suspension bridge #9  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your driving you car, and you accidently destroy state property, can't they charge you the repair cost?

I have no idea but I imagine so. Probably varies from state to state too.

He did say he turned it in to his insurance and is waiting to see what happens with that. I don't think he is trying to evade responsibility.