RFI from Cree LED bulbs?

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #11  
Yeah, I just did a count and I got 62 forty watt bulbs. Yikes!

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #12  
Yeah, I just did a count and I got 62 forty watt bulbs. Yikes!

You are looking at this all wrong, the more bulbs you have to replace, the more you save over the next 20 years. You actually have a much better opportunity than most. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if your bulb savings outperform the S&P 500. :D

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs?
You are looking at this all wrong, the more bulbs you have to replace, the more you save over the next 20 years. You actually have a much better opportunity than most. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if your bulb savings outperform the S&P 500. :D

That may be a good way to look at it, but there is still the little matter of the bank loan to get enough money together to replace all of them.

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #14  
That may be a good way to look at it, but there is still the little matter of the bank loan to get enough money together to replace all of them.

That's why they say "It takes money to make money" James. Perfect example. :laughing:

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #15  
Or, as Yogi Berra could have put it, " I could be rich if I had money." :D

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #16  
Or, as Yogi Berra could have put it, " I could be rich if I had money." :D

Just replace the bulbs you use a lot. Ones in closets typically are only on a few minutes a day. No need to replace them. The payback would be many, many years. The kitchen, family room and office are the ones you should start with.
I am slowly converting to LED, but in a few years they will be even more efficient. That's when I will do a major conversion.

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #17  
Just replace the bulbs you use a lot. Ones in closets typically are only on a few minutes a day. No need to replace them. The payback would be many, many years. The kitchen, family room and office are the ones you should start with.
I am slowly converting to LED, but in a few years they will be even more efficient. That's when I will do a major conversion.

I plan on a long change-over too. I will replace my cfl's with led's as they fail, swapping high usage with low usage locations as needed. The majority of our bulbs are BR30's in recessed canisters. Hopefully, the prices will drop but it will be slow I think until they have sold everyone an led bulb, then they will be $1.98.

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #18  
We just finished building a house and I wanted to go all LED, till I started counting light bulbs and realized it was gonna be like $1k even using cheapies. You never realize how many bulbs are in a house till you have to buy all of them at one time. New plan is just to keep 3 or 4 LED bulbs on hand, and replace when the existing bulbs go TU.

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #19  
I just use the light switch, like I was taught as a kid. An amazing energy saving device that is just about 100% already installed just ahead of all lightbulbs.:wink:

/ RFI from Cree LED bulbs? #20  
I know the house my dad built had well over 100 bulbs in it. Built in the late 50's with incandescent indirect lighting.... YIKES!