Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #21  
A thread on currently available US made tools would be useful.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #22  
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #23  
A thread on currently available US made tools would be useful.

I agree it would be useful... though rather short, unfortunately. So who's starting it?

That thread "hf tools that don't suck" to me is somewhat stupid... they all suck!

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #24  
I'm going to post the other side of the question...

My Grandfather gave me a miniture Craftsman set with pliers, wire cutters, diagonals, etc circa 1960's.

I kept them in my tool box at work in a lock closet with only 3 keys to the room... I have one, one in the key box and one on the CEO key ring..

Anyway, I was away for a a couple of days and when I came back there was a note from the OR Director saying they needed my tools for an emergency complication in Surgery...

The tool pouch with these tools were gone... the OR Supervisor had given them away and said to just go to Sears and replace them and turn in the bill.

As we know... Sears today is not the Sears of yesterday and while they had a set that looked the same... they were all made in China and the fit and finish were crude be comparison...

My complaints fell on deaf ears...

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #25  
I agree it would be useful... though rather short, unfortunately. So who's starting it?

That thread "hf tools that don't suck" to me is somewhat stupid... they all suck!

Agreed about HF and I have started the thread . There's actually quite a lot of tools available.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #26  
Agreed about HF and I have started the thread . There's actually quite a lot of tools available.

I don't know about that... I find their chain and long digging bars more than adequate and at a great price.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #27  
I'm going to post the other side of the question...

My Grandfather gave me a small set of Craftsman pliers, wire cutters, diagonals, etc circa 1960's.

I kept them in my tool box at work in a lock closet area with only 3 keys to the room... I have one, one in the key box and one on the CEO key ring..

Anyway, I was away for a a couple of days and when I came back there was a note from the OR Director saying they needed to use my tools for a complication in Surgery with a piece of equipment...

The tool pouch with my these tools were gone... the OR Supervisor had given them away and said to just go to Sears and replace them...

As we know... Sears today is not the Sears of yesterday and while they had a set that looked the same... they were all made in China and the fit and finish were crude be comparison...

My complaints fell on deaf ears...

Tell him you want a set of Klein's to replace your tools that he STOLE from you! Klein is American made and top notch quality.

I'd take the tool thief to HR.

That's

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #28  

There are, but they take some searching to find. Nobody I know will go through the trouble that I do to find American made tools.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #29  
There are, but they take some searching to find. Nobody I know will go through the trouble that I do to find American made tools.

I do! (0:

The reason they are hard to find is the big corporation stores make more money selling cheap foreign made tools. Period. It's a greed thing. Klein used to be sold at lowes. They dropped them and now sell some cheap stuff at the same price is Klein. Another reason I despise Lowes.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #30  
I don't know about that... I find their chain and long digging bars more than adequate and at a great price.

I won't argue... many hf tools are adequate and there warranty is hard to beat. My hf purchasing went from about 60% when I was 16 to less than 1% of my total money investment currently. I, admittedly, will go in the store about once a year and grab a couple cheap things that wouldn't be able to be found not made in China anyway.

To me it is more about principle that keeps me out of the store, not that some of their stuff wouldn't serve it's purpose for me.