Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
Hey guys and gals. Seeing as I have an affinity for finding Made In USA tools that are no longer made here, I figured we could start a thread for new acquisitions to the collection or tool box. If you've recently discovered a tool or related item Made in USA that you purchased, post a pic or tell us what you found and where you found it. It doesn't matter where you found it ie; eBay, Craigslist, yard sale, a friend/family member, auction etc. post it. It'd be nice if we could keep it limited to items that are no longer made here by a particular brand or that has been outsourced overseas. Let's have some fun with it.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)
I'll start. Pair of Petersen Mfg. Vise Grip 12LC pliers. eBay find

image.jpg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc)
Craftsman flexible socket set, 3/8-3/4 in case, eBay again.

image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #4  
Sorry, no pics but a couple years back I noticed Menards had the c-clamp type vice grips on sale for $10 so I picked up a couple... made in USA. a couple days later I decided I would get a couple more because they were still on sale. I happened to be near a different Menatds and went in to buy them but these were made in China (or Taiwan). I walked out and went back to the first store the next day and bought the last 2 made in USA ones they had on the shelf. I guess that was Irwins' s transition.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #5  
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #6  
I got this 60 year old Duro drill press for $40 on Craigslist. Had to machine new aluminum wedges for the table clamp to replace the frozen pot metal originals. Probably good for another 60 years.

Attachments

• Duro.jpg
    Duro.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 713
   / Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #7  
I am a sucker for vintage american made tools and was looking for a drill press that can use morse taper drill bits up to 2", I found a champion blower and forge 21" DP on craigslist that was heading for scrap if someone didn't want it. I paid $200 and brought it home. This thing had sixty years of crud and multiple paint layers, When I bought it, It had been sitting outside with the rain sun and snow for who knows how long but as I mentioned before I am a sucker.

I am still not finished there is a broken bevel gear that I sent off to a machinist to rebuild.

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #8  
looks great

/ Let's post our Made in USA tool finds (yard sales, old store stock, auctions etc) #9  
Instead of being retrospective... Let's be progressive and post tools we have found available now in the USA! I've seen numerous US made tools in Walmart of all places.