Fraud victim

/ Fraud victim #41  
Some people make concentrated cold brewed coffee at home, then add that to hot water. It has a very smooth, mellow taste and is supposedly low in acids/oils or something. Maybe they got the idea from the field rations?

/ Fraud victim #42  
As today's coffee prices keep increasing we might be forced to go to GI JOE coffee makings, reuse the grounds multiple times just to get a hint of color, before we throw out the water. Not a pretty thought :eek:

/ Fraud victim #43  
don't you mean an egg /eggwhite ? ... as it boiled , it collected the extra grounds floating around ( so you didn't have to strain 'em with your teeth ):thumbsup:

Hah. I stand corrected. I could never get close enough to a pot of the stuff to try to drink it.

/ Fraud victim #44  
At least it was tons better than the instant coffee packets in the MREs.

Did you ever taste the coffee in the C-rats? That's what I lived on for a while back in the 60's but since I cant tell good coffee from bad, and got out long before anyone ever heard of MRE's, how do they compare?

You'd be surprised how many people would trade their deserts or even main meals for the coffee or the cigs that came in the C-rats.

/ Fraud victim #45  
Hey Bird, dropped in for a cup of coffee. Good to see you are still handing out sage advise. Take care.

/ Fraud victim #46  
I've got a small cheap expresso maker I grabbed one day on sale. It does ok, not as good as a restaurant, but good strong black coffee. My wife hates it so I rarely use it now. But it is there ready!

/ Fraud victim #47  
I agree, coffee should be coffee, even if it's half caf. I do half caf due to blood pressure.

when I make my half-pot of coffee every morning, I put in one scoop of half-caf and one scoop of decaff. So I guess I'm drinking quarter-caff. :)

I like black coffee and I like it "full bodied". I never liked cream in my coffee and have never partaken of any of those foo-foo mocha latte blah blah drinks. I found that Gevalia coffee is good although it's a bit expensive. They have a half-caff coffee that they're discontinuing that I stocked up on. They also have a french/dark roast decaff that I use. Trader Joe's also has a good dark roast decaff but that means that I have to drive into town to Trader Joe's instead of having the UPS truck bring me coffee. :)