Beet juice uses and properties

/ Beet juice uses and properties #1  

N7943h

Tractor
Jd318 jd510
I Have read lots on here about the joy of beet juice for weighting tires but I am wondering how well it would work as a antifreeze solution in a boiler. I can't find much about that anywhere searching the net. I would like to know things such as heat transfer rates, behavior when heated and such. Do any of folks have knowledge you can share. ??? I am wanting to move away from glycol and need protection to -10f.

/ Beet juice uses and properties #2  
I have not heard of beet juice being used as antifreeze. I know it has a high sugar content and may not be the best thing to use in a boiler. I think your best bet is to contact your boiler manufacturer and see what they recommend. Also, contact RimGuard directly and see what they have to say. I can see this becoming a real mess - like hot maple syrup & even leading to additional corrosion problems.

/ Beet juice uses and properties #3  
I Have read lots on here about the joy of beet juice for weighting tires but I am wondering how well it would work as a antifreeze solution in a boiler. I can't find much about that anywhere searching the net. I would like to know things such as heat transfer rates, behavior when heated and such. Do any of folks have knowledge you can share. ??? I am wanting to move away from glycol and need protection to -10f.

"beet juice" is a colloidial mess, not a clear solution like you need to use in a boiler. Think of slimy gooey, brown gravy. Who know what would happen if you heated it.. probably get thicker and would stink to high heaven. So No, definitely not what you want in your boiler.

/ Beet juice uses and properties #4  
"beet juice" is a colloidial mess, not a clear solution like you need to use in a boiler. Think of slimy gooey, brown gravy. Who know what would happen if you heated it.. probably get thicker and would stink to high heaven. So No, definitely not what you want in your boiler.

I envision the world's largest fungi factory.