How did I ever survive beyond childhood?

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #2  
I think that children are much more rubbery and elastic than people give them credit for. Although if you don't exercise that elasticity they get brittle. Kids are so whiny now it drives me nuts. Personally I never thought I'd get to see 21.

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #3  
Ha, ha - - when I was growing up - in the '40's - I thought 21 was the end of the road.

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #4  
Wow, Jarts are outlawed? Guess that makes my set collectible. Sold 2 classic cars last year that didn't come with seat belts. Never had helmets to ride a bike. Second hand smoke. Guess I should be dead. I often wonder how I survived also.

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #5  
Ha, ha - - when I was growing up - in the '40's - I thought 21 was the end of the road.

Me, too! I had polio, measles, chicken pox, appendicitis, and probably some other things in addition to never wearing a helmet on a bicycle, and took some really bad crashes at high speeds downhill on a gravel road, not only NO seatbelts but we rode on the back of a flatbed truck (no sideboards or sidewalls like a pickup truck). I only fell off the truck going around a corner once. I fell out of trees, fell out of the hayloft in the barn, been attacked by roosters, bees, sows, and cows. Been bucked off a horse once, had a loose cinch drop me off a horse once, only been kicked by a horse once, bitten more times than I can remember, and never expected to make it to the age of 21.

AND NOW . . . I'm the oldest living human in my family on both my Dad's side and my Mother's side.:laughing:

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #6  
Me, too! I had polio, measles, chicken pox, appendicitis, and probably some other things in addition to never wearing a helmet on a bicycle, and took some really bad crashes at high speeds downhill on a gravel road, not only NO seatbelts but we rode on the back of a flatbed truck (no sideboards or sidewalls like a pickup truck). I only fell off the truck going around a corner once. I fell out of trees, fell out of the hayloft in the barn, been attacked by roosters, bees, sows, and cows. Been bucked off a horse once, had a loose cinch drop me off a horse once, only been kicked by a horse once, bitten more times than I can remember, and never expected to make it to the age of 21.

AND NOW . . . I'm the oldest living human in my family on both my Dad's side and my Mother's side.:laughing:

Bird, THAT made me laugh hard! Thanks!!! :laughing:

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #7  

At first I thought Bird knew my history and revealed it here. All the same things happened in my life except the polio. And I'm sure the same statement applies to quite a few of us over 60.
And Moss, We didn't think it was funny at the time.

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #8  
You didn't laugh when you read Bird's post? :confused:

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #9  
At first I thought Bird knew my history and revealed it here. All the same things happened in my life except the polio. And I'm sure the same statement applies to quite a few of us over 60.
And Moss, We didn't think it was funny at the time.

I can relate; never had polio or appendicitis, but had Scarlet Fever, broken nose and a lot of that other stuff. Been shot with a BB gun; kicked by a bull and flogged by a big old White Leghorn. I actually wasn't bucked of the horse, I fell off riding bare back. I also had a scab on my tail bone big as a liberty walking half dollar because that old nag was so skinny.

/ How did I ever survive beyond childhood? #10  
I came off my bicycle at 30mph on a gravel road....once...NO helmet. My left knee got the worst of it (26 stitches), my head took minor damage (6 stitches). I fell out of the back of a 59 Austin going up a hill. Fell out of an apple tree, broke my arm. Mom and Dad both smoked as did all 4 of my Grandparents. I was working in the '70's though. The '50's were my time to run wild and I did, every summer, even the one when I busted my knee. Never did have polio, though. Here I am, 68 and still kicking.