TV "remodeler" shows

/ TV "remodeler" shows #31  
There isnt much reality in any show that claims to be a reality show.

Those stupid amish shows...breaking every law in the state

The Ax-men types, where every episode someone is getting hurt or almost hurt

Those gun shows that used to be on. $3000 to do a quick trigger job on a 1911 :laughing:

Remodeling is no different. I like seeing the before, and afters. But about everything in between is of no interest to me

/ TV "remodeler" shows #32  
News Flash... It's TV... it's a fantasy...I'm also a licensed GC. I can't watch those shows just based on the idiot factor alone. But,your average home owners probably have no clue.

/ TV "remodeler" shows #33  
Google any of these so called reality shows and see how much the "actors" are paid per season! Even old Chumlee on pawn stars is a multi-millionar, along with rick, hoss and the old man. The American Pickers guys arn't doing too bad either, $500,000 each per season, no they an't reselling that stuff.

mark

/ TV "remodeler" shows #34  
Reality .. If we pick up some ideas .. It's good

/ TV "remodeler" shows #35  
There isnt much reality in any show that claims to be a reality show.

Those stupid amish shows...breaking every law in the state

The Amish shows are a special joke if you know any of them. Only watched for a while but I heard no dialect, saw no mannerisms or any behavior even remotely resembling any Amish I know. It's like the old mystery shows set in Downeast Maine but using Hollywood accents with a Virginia dialect. Where is James Traficant when we need him? What a joke these shows are and ought to be for the sponsors that pay for this cr-ap.

/ TV "remodeler" shows #36  
Mountain Men...has to be the sadest excuse for a show..............when they are building a fire and shelter a mile away from their cabin.....because its snowing, or complaining about the cold...........but they are not wearing hats that cover their ears, or gloves so can't be very cold, or the two gey guys with their lumber mill chasing hogs thru the bush.I watch it at times because it is like driving pass a car wreck....you just have to look.

/ TV "remodeler" shows #37  
There's a show on DIY Network called (I think) "Renovation Realities". On that show they just have a camera crew watching the homeowners try to do their own remodel. Generally the homeowners have an unrealistic budget and time estimate - ie: $2500 and 5 days to completely re-do their kitchen!! By the end of the half hour show, the project is maybe half-done and pretty much a disaster. The last 60 seconds or so consist of the "actual after" pictures and the job is gorgeous. So I don't know if they bring in a crew to finish everything up after the homeowner screws it up or if, by some miracle, the homeowners actually finish up the job.

Someone earlier mentioned using the sledgehammer for demo and what a mess it makes! I agree with that and can't understand why they do this except that it makes "good TV". When I had to demo a partially finished room in my basement I got out my drill and started backing out the screws in the drywall. I ended up with about 10 sheets of drywall that I was able to easily get out of the basement (walk out door) and dispose of. Very little mess or dust and I didn't have to shovel loads of crap into a trash can and then try to lug that into the back of my trailer for disposal.

/ TV "remodeler" shows #38  
Mountain Men...has to be the sadest excuse for a show..............when they are building a fire and shelter a mile away from their cabin.....because its snowing, or complaining about the cold...........but they are not wearing hats that cover their ears, or gloves so can't be very cold, or the two gey guys with their lumber mill chasing hogs thru the bush.I watch it at times because it is like driving pass a car wreck....you just have to look.

I think the paranormal shows got that beat. At least Mountain Men doesn't have imaginary people in it...