UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #11  
I didn't expect to get religious responses on this thread. Fascinating to hear others viewpoints.

I'll be curious to know if anyone on here has seen a UFO, etc.

I can't imagine this discussion without spiritual beliefs being expressed.

40 years ago when my boys were children we were laying on a blanket in the yard staring at the starlit summer night sky. From North to South 3 bright white lights the magnitude of a very bright star streaked across the sky. They were in a /\ formation and crossed the entire sky, horizon to horizon, in about 5 seconds. Definitely a UFO to us.

/ UFO's... What do you think?
Your definition of a UFO is spot on. I'm a sky person. Can't go outside at night without sky gazing. I see "UFOs" all the time.

I took PapaPerk's question to be more pointed at intelligent life. But I might be off base with that assumption.

And yes, I agree, we are the most conceited of all species that I know. But wouldn't the dominant species on every planet with life have that same view if intellectually possible???

My question is a pretty much wide open one. Basically an invitation to discuss UFO's and the convincing data that's out there that support UFO's existence.

What do you see in the sky? Curious if you are out in the country or closer to town.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #13  
I saw something I could not explain once... Back in college, I was looking up at the sky one night and I saw a cigar shaped light traveling fast, like a shooting star on a low trajectory. The weird thing about it was about half way across the sky, it changed directions. It just continued on out of sight and never made a sound. It covered the whole sky horizon to horizon in just a few seconds.

Dean

/ UFO's... What do you think? #14  
I believe in Creation and the Creator. But I also find it mathematically impossible to not accept that there is life on other planets.
I also believe there is little to fear from them. If they have the ability to travel here they would also have the ability to overpower us with little resistance if they so desired. Kinda like laying awake at night and dreading the impending meteor that will eventually strike earth. Ain't much you can do about it.

I was brought up to believe the first part and agree with the second part.
I watch many of the UFO / Alien shows and it does make you wonder. What if the Creator I was brought up to believe in is from another world. Our ancient ancestors would have thought anyone who came from the sky was someone to be worshiped.

I look at it this way...of all the galaxies and be on I find it hard to believe were the only life form.

I agree with this statement too.

I'll probably never know. All I can do is keep believing.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #15  
What do you see in the sky? Curious if you are out in the country or closer to town.

Using the definition already given I see objects other than the normal stars that I cannot identify. For example, If you stare at a clear night sky for more than 10 minutes you will see what I believe to be satellites in orbit around the Earth. Definitely a light emitting object and it's moving. Obviously not an airplane. What is it?? I think it's a normal satellite. But I cannot verify that so it goes in the UFO category.

I am 80 miles from the nearest City. In a County of 8000. 1/2 mile from a town of 63. One house 1/4 mile from me. Two others that I can see 2 miles from me. And a sky full of intrigue. :)

/ UFO's... What do you think? #16  
I'll probably never know. All I can do is keep believing.

And George, because you continue to believe, you will most certainly one day know. :thumbsup:

/ UFO's... What do you think? #17  
I wonder what kind of Tractors they have... gear or hst....hmmmmmm

/ UFO's... What do you think? #18  
I didn't expect to get religious responses on this thread. ....
Seriously? This is TBN, where all discussions eventually lead to arguments over religion, politics and / or guns.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #19  
The universe is certainly a mystery. I guess that is why people tend to be fascinated by UFOs given their intersection with the unknown, the possibilities.

We don't know of anything which would preclude the existence of UFOs. We do understand the physical challenges of UFOs appearing here given our rudimentary understanding of the universe and physics at that scale.

Things such as the Nazca Lines and ancient images of people in spaceship-like objects may mean that humans have been fascinated, searching, proposing, and attempting communications with UFOs for millenniums. Perhaps those things are earthly human expressions of possible origin or creation explanations rather than recordings of alien visits to earth.

I don't think either current science or traditional religions have very satisfying positions on this topic. They each face a fundamental question. For religion it's who created the Creator, and from what? For science it's what preceded or brought into being whatever material blew-up in the Big Bang Theory?

Our UFO interests may simply be a continuation of something very human and very old: a desire to get to the bottom of things. We humans aren't comfortable with unexplained facts. That makes a sort of self-preservation sense. If we don't know how or why we exist, our continued existence is certainly in question also.

Status
Not open for further replies.