UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
I'm curious if anyone on TractorByNet has any opinions on UFO's. I find the subject fascinating. And not from the wild sensational side... But from a scientific, data based point of view.

Things like the Nazca Lines in Peru and UFO accounts from reputable sources like Air Force pilots, etc really add validity to the claims of UFOs.

So what do you all think? Truth or tall tales?

/ UFO's... What do you think? #2  
I also find the Nazca lines/images to be quite fascinating. Perhaps, oddly, UFOs - not so much.

I feel the presence of UFOs/aliens, if they do exist, is of little significance to our existence - since they were not mentioned in the one existing guide for mankind. Personally, I believe the earth is a special creation in the universe - apart from all others.

/ UFO's... What do you think?
I also find the Nazca lines/images to be quite fascinating. Perhaps, oddly, UFOs - not so much.

I feel the presence of UFOs/aliens, if they do exist, is of little significance to our existence - since they were not mentioned in the one existing guide for mankind. Personally, I believe the earth is a special creation in the universe - apart from all others.

Hmmm interesting.

The reason I think the lines are so fascinating is that they are not visible unless you are flying. And they were made long before man had the ability to fly. So who could see them? All I have is questions. Lol

Thank you for your reply! (0:

/ UFO's... What do you think? #4  
I look at it this way...of all the galaxies and be on I find it hard to believe were the only life form.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #5  
I believe in Creation and the Creator. But I also find it mathematically impossible to not accept that there is life on other planets.

I also believe there is little to fear from them. If they have the ability to travel here they would also have the ability to overpower us with little resistance if they so desired. Kinda like laying awake at night and dreading the impending meteor that will eventually strike earth. Ain't much you can do about it.

Then we get into the natural human instinct to believe the worst is coming. Heck, maybe they are just a bunch of good ole boys like us out for a spin. And if that is true, and we were them, wouldn't we leave some sort of mysterious mark on the planet to baffle the residents??? :)

I believe in Creation and the Creator. But I also find it mathematically impossible to not accept that there is life on other planets.

I also believe there is little to fear from them. If they have the ability to travel here they would also have the ability to overpower us with little resistance if they so desired. Kinda like laying awake at night and dreading the impending meteor that will eventually strike earth. Ain't much you can do about it.

Then we get into the natural human instinct to believe the worst is coming. Heck, maybe they are just a bunch of good ole boys like us out for a spin. And if that is true, and we were them, wouldn't we leave some sort of mysterious mark on the planet to baffle the residents??? :)

Bob was here! Lol!

/ UFO's... What do you think? #7  
I feel that, UFO's by definition exist. To say otherwise, is that we understand everything. The first part (unidentified) does not necessarily signify ET, but just something that we do not understand. There are many phenomenon that are very rare and we are just starting to scratch the realm of explaining them, like ball lighting. Explanations and Theories of Ball Lightning - HowStuffWorks

I also think the human race has historically had a very conceited few of ourselves. We thought that we were the center of the universe, now we know that is not the case, but do we really comprehend the vast possibilities out there in the infinite stars?
Interesting topic, Dave

I didn't expect to get religious responses on this thread. Fascinating to hear others viewpoints.

I'll be curious to know if anyone on here has seen a UFO, etc.

Yes I agree that it's mathematically improbable that there is not life on another planet. As far as having tech to travel to earth... I have no idea. But it's certainly possible especially considering the advances we have made in space travel just since the 1960's!!!

/ UFO's... What do you think? #9  
Your definition of a UFO is spot on. I'm a sky person. Can't go outside at night without sky gazing. I see "UFOs" all the time.

I took PapaPerk's question to be more pointed at intelligent life. But I might be off base with that assumption.

And yes, I agree, we are the most conceited of all species that I know. But wouldn't the dominant species on every planet with life have that same view if intellectually possible???

I feel that, UFO's by definition exist. To say otherwise, is that we understand everything. The first part (unidentified) does not necessarily signify ET, but just something that we do not understand. There are many phenomenon that are very rare and we are just starting to scratch the realm of explaining them, like ball lighting. Explanations and Theories of Ball Lightning - HowStuffWorks

I also think the human race has historically had a very conceited few of ourselves. We thought that we were the center of the universe, now we know that is not the case, but do we really comprehend the vast possibilities out there in the infinite stars?
Interesting topic, Dave

Yes I agree... Humans are constantly being proven wrong... Even the all knowing scientific community get it wrong often.

Adding to your points about UFOs.. I think its also very probable our military or other country military has aircraft, etc that are very advanced.

Ball Lighting, ey?! That's cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.