Printers and ink??

/ Printers and ink?? #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Anyone have any suggestions on printers that print cheaply. Something that I don't need a small loan to buy ink.
Like it to work to. I would rather pay a little more for printer if I get miles out of ink

Cheers......Coffeeman

/ Printers and ink?? #2  
Look at the new 4500 hp and sign up for auto ink delivery fairly cheap at best buy.

/ Printers and ink?? #3  
IMO stay away from HP...look at Brother, Cannon, Lexmark and Kodak...check the prices on ink refills...

Ink jets are fine if you use them regularly otherwise consider a laser printer...

again, JMO...

/ Printers and ink?? #4  
The best thing you can do is get yourself a laser printer. I have been thru a couple of ink jets. The ink was so expensive, dried up when you needed it. About 6 years ago I bought a Samsung Clp-300 series laser printer. The toner cartridges last for a very long time. I bought these little chips off Amazon that allow you to fill the cartridges with raw toner. This thing has been great. It is fast, always ready and never dries up. The only drawback is the old inkjet I had could do photo prints. The laser will do photo prints, but they are not nearly photo quality. I just upload my photos to the local pharmacy and get my pics that way.
This is the newer version of the one I bought, but it is pretty much the same.
Amazon.com: Samsung Xpress SL-C410W/XAA Color Printer: Electronics
Good luck, Dave

/ Printers and ink?? #5  
We finally thru in the towel with ink jet and went to a laser printer. Had a Epson ink jet and spent way too much $$$ for ink cartridges. Haven't got the laser printer hooked up yet but hope it is a little more economical to run.

/ Printers and ink?? #6  
I get the cheap ink refills from amazon for 2 canon and 2 brother all in one printers. They are about 8-14 dollars for pretty much four cartridges each of black and all the colors. That is like 12 cartridges (depending on the particular printer) for half of what they want for 1 brand name cartridge. Of course the manufacturer says they won't work but I have been using them for years. I was afraid to use them at first but was so fed up with the ink cost that I tried them anyway. Have had no problem so far.
PRINTER INK IS A SCAM

/ Printers and ink??
We finally thru in the towel with ink jet and went to a laser printer. Had a Epson ink jet and spent way too much $$$ for ink cartridges. Haven't got the laser printer hooked up yet but hope it is a little more economical to run.

I have a laser printer at work. Black only. Had it since I bought 4 Win XP pro machines. still working after printing about 250 invoices a week.
Toner replaced seldom enough that I didn't notice. The toner is a little more pricy. But, Ink is changed so frequently, I think it costs more expensive
than toner. Same thing with an old copy machine. Both workhorses. laser might be the way to go.

They print in color I guess? I'm guessing the printing quality is good? I wonder how they stack up against ink jet when printing
picture quality? I'm interested in printing some advertising 8 1/2 x 11 hand outs. I'm wanting to get somewhat glossy looking, but
don't exactly need picture. Just want nice.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Printers and ink??
Look at the new 4500 hp and sign up for auto ink delivery fairly cheap at best buy.

Sounds interesting. However, last home printer I got was HP. I didn't start up printer for a couple months. First few pages I
Got an out of ink message. Too late to return and get refund and Best Buy allowed nothing for no ink. Bought another set
of ink. Used it a little and let printer set for while. Same thing, getting an out of ink message.

But, I think every brand is bad.

My new policy when buying anything, use it immediately giving it a good chance to malfunction in time to get a no questions
asked return, if offered.

Cheers...Coffeeman

/ Printers and ink?? #9  
I to run the ink utility at times.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced laser All in One?

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Printers and ink?? #10  
I just got some for my HP on amazon and the price was great. Just watch the seller