another snow storm

/ another snow storm #2  
8-12 inches calling for us,looks like old man winter plans on sitting a spell. :(

/ another snow storm #3  
We started getting snow yesterday evening and it is still going strong this morning. Looks like 3-4 inches on the ground so far.

/ another snow storm #4  
Right now here it is cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge. Come Tuesday/Wednesday we have a 60% chance of flurries (Tues.) and 60% chance of snow for Wednesday.
Usually, when it is forecast for a couple of inches, we get a foot.

/ another snow storm #5  
The sled jumps (snowbanks) on the edge of my driveway are gonna be epic!

/ another snow storm #6  
8-12 inches calling for us,looks like old man winter plans on sitting a spell. :(

You guys stole that storm from us! About 7 days ago, the forecast models showed that system dropping 12-16" over my area in Virginia, which would have been epic. A real classic mid-atlantic runner. Then the storm shifted north with more model runs, then back south, then way way north. Now we're looking at 58F and rain tomorrow. Boggles my mind how the weather models can be so far off that within a 3-4 day period can go from 30F with 12-16" of snow to 58F and rain.

/ another snow storm #7  
We barely escape that storm 7 days ago only got 5",but the winds were nasty.
I'll be more than happy to switch forecast,heck even throw in 5 gallon of diesel fuel. :)

/ another snow storm #8  
I'm reminded me of the old joke where a female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?"

/ another snow storm #9  
NWS now says 4-8" Monday.

We live in an area that is often on a weather line. Snow vs rain, light snow vs heavy snow, warm vs hot, etc.

The weather here in the foothills is quite different than nearer the coast or just 40-50 miles to the south. Snow cover here, bare ground there. Bare trees in fall and spring here, leafs there.

As far as forecasting here, there is a lot of potential difference packed into a small area.

/ another snow storm #10  

We had a whole season's snowfall in just 10 days here!

We're now looking at another foot over the next 3+ days.