Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek:

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #21  
Remember when Norton was a good company.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then? hahahahaa
Once they sold out, it got worse with every iteration. :(

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #22  
I had them for many years and had no problems till 360 came out and nothing but trouble that was enough for me.
Remember when Norton was a good company.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then? hahahahaa

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #23  
Once they sold out, it got worse with every iteration.
I do remember when it used to be a good antivirus, but my last upgrade is when it slowed my machine down to a crawl. Uninstalling it was a nightmare. Seems like I had to go into the registry and look for every Norton entry and delete it.

Something I Remember when Norton was a good company.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then? hahahahaa
Once they sold out, it got worse with every iteration. haven't seen mentioned yet is Avast anti virus. It has worked well for me, my business and lots of friends and the best part is that is's free.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #24  
I'm talking waaaaaaayyyyyyy back before they were an anti-virus solution.... Norton Utilities for DOS! :laughing:

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #25  
I have had Norton for 7 years and no troubles but adobie? is a pain.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #26  
I'm talking waaaaaaayyyyyyy back before they were an anti-virus solution.... Norton Utilities for DOS!
OH, you were talking way back. I do remember it, but never used it.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #27  
Peter Norton sold out to Symantec around 1990 and its been getting worse and worse ever since.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #28  
Norton Utilities for Dos on six diskettes was magic.

Since the Symantec era I've removed the product when setting up each new home PC about every five years. I learned you need to go to their website to get an uninstaller that will kill it for good. Windows Uninstall couldn't do the job in a couple of instances.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #29  
Yes, avoid norton. Am an IT guy myself as well as I run with several buddies with IT expertise.
Each of us, independently, have determined that Norton will mess things up...lots of reasons, but that's what happens.
We, each, will never touch Norton again...terrible product.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #30  

I got away from Norton's years ago. My first experience with Norton was with the Norton Un-Delete or data recovery program they used to offer for DOS based machines. Now that worked well. When Peter Norton sold the company to retire in the sun things started going down hill in my opinion.