Did Cabellas scam me? a

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #11  
I've been a minimal PayPal user but never had any issue that I can think of...

What business practices are you referring to?..Not arguing, just curious. None of this makes any sense to me so far.

Same as me. I have never had a problem, but never used their credit. I can see how they could take advantage of their position in the marketplace after gaining widespread acceptance via their non-credit background.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #12  
You have to read each screen carefully and not just start clicking to get through them. EBay with PayPal payments has a similar screen where you can begin using the PayPal credit system. If you do not read the screen, and just click "Yes" you have just enrolled in the credit system. With every transaction, one must click "No" to avoid enrolling in the credit payment system. This is a PayPal screen, not Cabela's or any other retailer requirement. It allows PayPal to make more money. Just like they claim it takes 3 to 5 business days to clear adding money to your account from your bank. It only takes 1 or 2 days at the most. PayPal makes interest on your money in those 2 or 3 days they have it but do not post it to your account.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #13  
I don't guess I understand PayPal at all. Only had one experience with them and it was bad. I wasn't using it but the other guy involved in the transaction was. So I have always carefully avoided anything to do with PayPal. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, maybe someone can tell me why you use PayPal at all.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #14  
I don't guess I understand PayPal at all. Only had one experience with them and it was bad. I wasn't using it but the other guy involved in the transaction was. So I have always carefully avoided anything to do with PayPal. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, maybe someone can tell me why you use PayPal at all.

It's convenient for ebay, only have to give one place you credit card info and not the other party.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #15  
Several years ago some online merchant wanted to set me up with a Pay Pal account. I declined. I think one piece of plastic is more than sufficient for this old fart. If the company can't accept my credit card - I will simply shop elsewhere.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #16  
I use it for ebay, amazon and even transactions on craigslist. Never had a problem but the account was set up years ago. Paypal can really be your pal sometimes too. I sold tractor parts to a guy several states away and he emailed thanking me for them. Then he reversed the transaction claiming he didn't get them. I sent the email to paypal and they promptly reimbursed me. It can be a pretty safe way to exchange money with strangers over the internet.

I will be more wary of the fine print from now on. Thanks.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #17  
I once applied for a PayPal account and was told to give them more information than the bank and credit card companies had. I declined and said that I had managed up until then without PayPal and would continue to do so for a long time yet.
When a company wants that much information I go elsewhere. Their loss and my gain !

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #19  

IMO...

PayPal offers an advantage by not making you enter your CC information for different transactions...if the merchant accepts PayPal they provide the transaction between your CC co. and the merchant...

It basically keeps your CC info from being compiled in so many different databases from so many different merchants...

When I'm shopping online I always try to chose merchants that accept PayPal...

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #20  
IMO...

PayPal offers an advantage by not making you enter your CC information for different transactions...if the merchant accepts PayPal they provide the transaction between your CC co. and the merchant...

It basically keeps your CC info from being compiled in so many different databases from so many different merchants...

When I'm shopping online I always try to chose merchants that accept PayPal...
I do the same.
I've been using PayPal for several years, no issues.
I prefer to use it for online purchases if I can.