Your experiences good also scray.

/ Your experiences good also scray. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
The winter of 96 I was up in the woods cutting firewood for that year when it began to rain,and having about hour of being soak plus chilled I decide that was enough of that.
I put the chainsaw and other supplies in the front loader and headed down out of the woods on a small road which I kept plow.
I was in low range & 4wd & with tire chain on the rear tires going slow,and thinking I was all set do to the freezing rain and the ice build up on the wood road.....Wrong !!
Before I knew it the rear end started to come around quickly and I was trying to counter steer and picking up speed....yikes.
Now the tractor sideways and sliding so I lower the bucket to the ground and was hopeing it would help,and it did somewhat until the left rear tire chain dug in which bought the tractor to a quick stop,which raised the right side rear have about 6 inches from the ground.
Yep you could say my heart indeed beated little faster,and when I finally got the tractor back on coarse I rode the ditch line back the rest of the way.....whew.

One mid morning in the middle of October,98 friend of mine stop and ask if I could give him a hand removing a good size male black bear which he just harvest about mile or so from my home near the swamp.

After a quick cup of coffee and figuring out how to remove the harvest bear,we decide one of my tractors would be the best way.
The Farmall Super H was to big to find a way thru the woods which meant the Kubota had the job.
After about an hour we reach the site and the black bear was bigger than I thought for,and there was no way I was going down a small gully on the edge of that swamp,so I back the Kubota around and with 5 straps plus the cable we were able to winch the black bear to the top....whew.
Once we got the black bear in the front loader and strap in off we headed to the main road to my pick up.

The male black bear weighed in at 399 pounds,and the only times it was difficult in handling was putting him into the bucket also the buther shop.

Yes indeed that little compact B7100 HST did the job oh so very well. :eek:)

My friend had been considering buying a compact tractor but wasn't sure about what brand or size,so I guess after seeing what the Kubota did he purchase a new B1700 HST with front loader plus extras.....and the only time he ever regret the purchase was when he back into his wife new car.
One never knows the many useage of a tractor until needed,and I would be interested hearing yours.

Take Care.