18v LED floodlights

/ 18v LED floodlights #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
Geez jus seen the latest 18V floodlight from Ryobi. I have to say its a really decent design with the 2x4 hanger and especially handy is the 120V plug in receptacle for unlimited use. Plus with these LED types of light there is so much less heat than with a halogen bulb.

I have the Milwaukee one @1100 lumens and it has garnered good reviews, Doesn't hang on a board like the Ryobi but it can hang on a nail or a pole. And it does stand up or lay sideways in numerous configurations Plus you can carry it just like a lantern.

P720 Hybrid" has even more light output @1700 lumens but one review said it did drain batteries pretty easily.

Now if they only made it in red :D

We should really have a tool specific forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybIUJlsZsA

Milwaukee M18 LED Flood Light Review | Tools In Action - Power Tools and Gear

Ryobi One+ Hybrid Work Light | Pro Tool Reviews

Last edited:
   / 18v LED floodlights #2  
Yessir, they are a good little light, just a little pricey in my opinion. I've also got the Ryobi flashlight and the LED lantern, but the ability to use an extension cord with this one was too much for me to resist. Makes a great light for a dimly lit garage when you're working on something

I should have waited, they'll probably be down below $40 in the near future.

/ 18v LED floodlights
I not not familiar with that Ryobi LED lantern. Is it P780 @ 130 lumens? That would the same output as my Milwaukee 12v LED flashlight.

I agree with Gunny the prices can seem pretty high with a lot of these power tool manufacturer LED light offerings. But a certain build quality may be gained along with the performance factor too. Especially impact resistance which cant recall at the moment if the tool fools addressed that in their video

A lot of time I do know with Milwaukee products some of the lights can be a bonus offer.. "free" with a tool promo.

I bought a friend the Milwaukee 12v 2362 lantern for Christmas 360 light to use in a power outage. Shes's loving it :D

/ 18v LED floodlights #4  
I'm talking about the P720 with 1700 lumens. I've got the regular bulb flashlight ad one of the P780 models. The flashlight was included in a kit and I gave about $20 for the P78 lantern, so it was a bit of a shock to see the price on the new one, but I've got a ton of the 18V Ryobi tools and several batteries, plus I liked the fact that you could also run it with an extension cord, so I bought it.

/ 18v LED floodlights
The Ryobi is like $20 less than the Milwaukee floodlight but it is designed slightly different and has one large single LED bulb.

I believe Milwaukee also uses Cree branded LED bulbs in several of their light products...I don't know what Ryobi specifies.

Just as an FYI with Milwaukee the 12V led lights, flashlight, lantern and stick run less money than their 18V counterparts. Batteries are less money too :D

And a correction the M12 LED flashlight is listed @ 160 lumens not 130 (a slight difference)

I also see DeWALT has a fluorescent cordless floodlight with some interesting features. Also has 120 vac capabilities

DC020 Cordless/Corded Worklight | DEWALT Tools