I have a question .

/ I have a question . #21  
Hey, I'm retired and on a fixed income. I've been able to make the adjustment to a lower annual income and I'm still happy. I've found that a lot of things I thought I'd do in retirement simply aren't worth doing. The joy of retirement is what you make of it not how much money you can gather during it. I will always have enough to live and enjoy those things that are truly important.

/ I have a question . #22  
Professional and college sports are in the entertainment business. I have a hunch that some of them sold their soul for money. Just ask A-Rod how he likes his life, Lance Armstrong?

Regards,

Good point. The folks that make the big money are in the public eye and subject to all the scrutiny, second guessing, gossip and internet chatter we have today. Some can handle the scrutiny and some get upset.

Not sure I'd say those folks sold their souls but they certainly sold their bodies and jepordized their future health.

MoKelly

/ I have a question . #23  
I am a union operator . I dig 20 ft deep , pull 2 boxes ,got a man in the hole and one on top . I might make 70 80 k yearly . Where do these coaches , players , criminals get off making MILLIONS . Just a question .

I take it your question isn't about jealousy or wanting more for yourself, but rather what sort of values does a society have that promotes and glorifies such things?

It's a wacky world. That's the short answer.

/ I have a question . #24  
The key to life, : It's not getting what you want, but wanting what you got. Be proud you have always worked for an honest living.

/ I have a question . #25  
I suspect it has a lot do with the high cost of tuition at many colleges.

Harry K

Without trying to get into a political discussion, I was commenting about taxpayer support of professional sports facilities.

/ I have a question . #26  
Money doesn't buy happiness, it just broadens your selection of misery.

/ I have a question . #27  
For many of these superstars, they have many "friends" because of what they are, not who they are. They often never know who they can trust. When the fame and money are gone so often times are these "friends". Most of us "normal" people know that our friends are friends because of who we are not what we can give them. If we are in a bind, you know you can call these folks and then will drop everything to lend a hand. THAT is worth it's weight in gold.

/ I have a question . #28  
I am a union operator . I dig 20 ft deep , pull 2 boxes ,got a man in the hole and one on top . I might make 70 80 k yearly . Where do these coaches , players , criminals get off making MILLIONS . Just a question .

If you ever watch a professional sport, live or on TV, patronize just one of the advertisers for that sport, buy just one ticket to a sport, or a hot-dog at that sport, followed a pro sports team, etc... you have enabled it to happen. ;)

And, if someone offered you a couple million dollars to operate your machine for a few hours a day 3-4 days a week 9 months out of the year, would you turn it down? I don't think so.

Let's face it... machine operators are a dime a dozen, but a guy that can throw a baseball 90+mph into any point in a box 60 feet away 145 times in an afternoon is quite rare.

We da common man, de ain't. :cool:

And don't get worked up over it. 70k-80k ain't nothing to sneeze at. Its more than double average wages in most places. Count your blessings, have a beverage, enjoy yourself.... just don't watch a ball game. :laughing:

/ I have a question . #30  
Just ask A-Rod how he likes his life, Lance Armstrong?

Regards,
Yeah but then ask Derek Jeter, Cal Ripken JR, Nolan Ryan.... for every chump there's a champ! (hey I just made that up... pretty good). :laughing: