Firefox freezing up; will not shut down.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Anyone had trouble with Firefox freezing up? I have reloaded it a couple of times and opted for the default settings, but it eventually begins to freeze up again. It was really fast and worked very well when I first started using it, but now it's beginning to be a big PITA.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #2  
I don't use it anymore. Problems. My currebnt browser Comodo Dragon (based on google chrome) also takes time to close down. I think all of the windows apps jump in and are active updating. For speed I like SRWare Iron (google chrome w/o the extras). Good luck.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #3  
I had a problem with Firefox locking up earlier today around 3PM when I got home and turned on the computer. Two times I tried to go online and it froze the whole laptop. Both times I had to reboot. Nothing worked, couldn't use escape and Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't respond. I had to shut down and reboot. Once it came up I ran CCleaner which cleared a few hundred meg of crap. The antivirus program found nothing. May have been a WWW thing. Maybe it got hacked by some foreign group. It's been fine the past couple hours.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #4  
Was it just FF at issue or was your whole PC slow? Updates can slow things to a crawl. Also, many websites are adding too much ad content to their sites making them crazy slow. Adding the Adblock Plus add-on helps a ton.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #5  
Was it just FF at issue or was your whole PC slow? Updates can slow things to a crawl. Also, many websites are adding too much ad content to their sites making them crazy slow. Adding the Adblock Plus add-on helps a ton.

I think it was just Firefox. Nothing was updating and I already have adblock plus. At least on my end, I had just booted up and was trying to get online when everything froze up. Never had it happen before and before I shut down I always clear history and run CCleaner which also scans the registry for issues.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #7  
If it freezes you can quit it without shutting down the computer by going to Task Manager, then click Firefox, then End Task. (If you have Windows right click in the bar at bottom of screen.)

Also, do this if your Firefox is getting slow. I did it and it helped hugely...

Go to Help>Troubleshooting Information>Refresh Firefox. (Refresh Firefox is in the top RH corner of the final screen)

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #8  
If it freezes you can quit it without shutting down the computer by going to Task Manager, then click Firefox, then End Task. (If you have Windows right click in the bar at bottom of screen.)

Also, do this if your Firefox is getting slow. I did it and it helped hugely...

Go to Help>Troubleshooting Information>Refresh Firefox. (Refresh Firefox is in the top RH corner of the final screen)

Today was the first time I had Firefox freeze up. I had to reboot because everything was froze up.
I could move the mouse around the screen but clicking the left or right buttons did nothing.
I could not get to task manager to end Firefox because I couldn't get to task manager.
CRTL-ALT-DEL didn't work. Escape did not work.
Firefox has been working fine for the last 4 hours.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #9  
I've been having trouble with firefox on my mac....the problem is centered on adobe...if I disable adobe it's ok....try limiting your addons and see if the problem resolves.

/ Firefox freezing up; will not shut down. #10  
Firefox has been acting up for me for a few weeks. Freeze ups, not turning off correctly, etc. This was the reason I went to FF and now it is worse the IE.