Plow Days

/ Plow Days #1  

RedNeckRacin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5083E MFWD, Kubota L3400 HST
So there is a local organization that held plow days by me this year. Past to Present Machinery Association actually. I was really intrigued with the smaller tractors that guys were pulling single bottom plows with. Mostly garden tractors and the like. I would hesitate to call them scut's. There was even an old wheel horse that a guy was having pretty good luck with. Does anyone on here participate in these events? I have heard/seen some HIGHLY modified tractors for this sport including some articulating cub cadets with turbos! It actually has sparked an itch of mine to possibly participate in it next year. I might be a little out of place with a 4 year old machine vs the 20 yr+ tractors!

/ Plow Days #2  
I played with them for awhile. The events i went to had mostly old Cub Cadets and 110, 112 & 114 JDs, and a few round fenders. I was out of place with my Deere X495 with a Curtis cab.

/ Plow Days
There were several 420, 430 and even a 440 john deere, no cub's at this one, one wheel horse, and one allis chalmers. The bigger tractors had a bigger variety, Minneapolis moline, MF, Oliver, IH, Farmall, JD, you name it.

/ Plow Days #4  
Google PA plow days 2015. There are a bunch of photos out there. They had over 200 garden tractors plowing. Quite a variety.

Chris

/ Plow Days #5  
A similar event is held down here. But, they do it all with horse power . Amazing what can be with draft horses and the correct machines . Magnificent beasts !! Its called Old Farmers Day .

/ Plow Days
Penn-I think thats why this event was so small, the two were going on the same time!

Sailor-I once saw an amishman with either 6 or 8 draft horses all side by side pulling something across a field, I was so impressed I don't recall what he was actually pulling!

/ Plow Days #7  
A similar event is held down here. But, they do it all with horse power . Amazing what can be with draft horses and the correct machines . Magnificent beasts !! Its called Old Farmers Day .

Same here. Plow, fiting and seeding days all with horses in the spring then harvest also with horses and the stationary threshers in the fall. Around 20 acres every year. Colfax, Wa. Harvest days are early Sept.

Harry K