The Sorry State of Today's Journalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
Here's a news story about the shooting of a chainsaw shoplifter by the business owner's son.

Police: Business owner

Please note that the story makes no mention of the make and model of the chainsaw.;)

Steve

Last edited:
   / The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #3  
It wasn't a shoplifter, it was a gentleman.

"One gentleman ran out with the stolen saw, ..."

Bruce

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #4  
Not a very wise move by the store owner. Let's pray the man pulls through...although indications are that a jury of the store owner's peers might work to his advantage.

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #5  
Not a very wise move by the store owner. Let's pray the man pulls through...although indications are that a jury of the store owner's peers might work to his advantage.

Unfortunately for the store owner, this appears to be well outside prudent parameters for defensive use of a firearm.

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #6  
The store owner's son better get a really good lawyer...

The thug got shot in the head. I bet if you took the son to the range, and had him fire at a head sized target at the same distance as the incident, he would miss most times.

Later,
Dan

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #7  
I do think it was wrong to shoot like that (shoot at the tires or radiator, if anything) but I was also a bit amazed at the gall of the thieves on video to pass judgement and act like it was all the shooter's fault. In my book, if you are going to rob a home or business, you better understand the risks. And on the other side of the coin, if an employee is going to carry/use a firearm on the job, they better have their act together 100%, and know they are responsible for the outcome.

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #8  
The thief is a worthless piece of crap. Only problem is it didn't kill him. As soon as our tax dollars get him back in good health he'll do it again. Until our panzy butt society realizes there are consequences for criminal action we'll see more of this.

As for our news media. They sensationalize everything and with their reporting actually incite rioting and mob like reaction. Once that behavior starts the law abiding part of society quietly stands by and allows it. That happens because they know they'll get arrested if they fight back.

I've spent years in countries where thug law rules. If we continue down this limp wristed path we are on this country will be one of those places. :(

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #9  
The thief is a worthless piece of crap. Only problem is it didn't kill him. As soon as our tax dollars get him back in good health he'll do it again. Until our panzy butt society realizes there are consequences for criminal action we'll see more of this.

As for our news media. They sensationalize everything and with their reporting actually incite rioting and mob like reaction. Once that behavior starts the law abiding part of society quietly stands by and allows it. That happens because they know they'll get arrested if they fight back.

I've spent years in countries where thug law rules. If we continue down this limp wristed path we are on this country will be one of those places. :(

Absolutely 100% correct.

/ The Sorry State of Today's Journalism #10  
Trail by TV and cameras. The political slant of journalism caters to the left. Even in Ferguson the trial didn't matter. Those who want to bring our country down use the media of all sorts to work in their favor. There is collusion of the anarchist in all of the national events. ... to even create a national event.

I don't know who would want to be an honest law enforcement officer today.

Sometimes the moral law and the civil law are different sometimes. I'd tend to shoot at such offenders anyway, even as they speed away.:2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.