Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
Met \"Big Tom\" the Survivor at the Farm Show

I have been back from Louisville KY for about an hour now. We went to the National Farm Machinary Show there. We got there about 4:00 yesterday and had time to pick up a show guide an run through one building real quick before they closed for the day. My wife was looking at the guide last night and told me Big Tom was there. Big Tom was on the Survivor Africa show and has now returned for the Survivor All Stars season. If you watch the show you know he is one of the down to Earth country boy contestants. His claim to fame was he is a goat and cattle farmer and he said during the Africa season that with him, "what you see is what you get." I did get to meet him today and he took a little time to talk to the folks in line while signing autographs. He was at the Farmtrac display. Supposedly he has a Farmtrac tractor. I asked my wife whether they had him there because he has a Farmtrac or he is there because they gave him a Farmtrac? Either way he seemed to be a real nice guy. Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• 376967-Big Tom 1 Resize.jpg
    376967-Big Tom 1 Resize.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 404
   / Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show #2  
Re: Met \"Big Tom\" the Survivor at the Farm Show

Brent,

Did Tom say who the winner was on Survivor Allstars? Or how long he lasted?

...Bob

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show

No, I heard him say something to the guy in front of me about not being able to talk about it so I didn't bother asking. I told him that we had goats also and that we were pulling for him. He was cutting up with my daughters and calling them goat girls. He seemed to like kids. He said they told him that he signed 1000 autographs yesterday and that was based on the fact that they went through 1000 of the pictures they gave away. That wasn't counting the Farmtrac bandanas they were giving away and shirts and everything else he signed.

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did Tom say who the winner was on Survivor Allstars? Or how long he lasted?
)</font>

Bob,

I know the participants are not allowed to tell who won before the show airs, but I wonder if Tom would've been at the Farm Show if he had won!? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but I wonder if Tom would've been at the Farm Show if he had won!? )</font>

If I'd won a million dollars I would have been there. I would have been shopping for a bigger tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show #6  

<font color="blue"> I wonder if Tom would've been at the Farm Show if he had won!? </font>

Hi Garry,

From what I gather watching these Survivor shows, Big Tom seems like a likeable, down to earth chap.....much like most of us here at TBN. I would vote yes, he would likely be at that Farm Show. It seems farming is a way of life with him that money could not corrupt. Besides, that $1M doesn't go very far. After paying off the IRS and his state treasurer, he'll likely have only about $600-650K left. Still a nice pocket of change that he could likely use to buy a nice farming spread. Then, after that it's all gone. He may not even have enough cash on hand to pay the property taxes on that spread.

BTW, congrats on being a grandpa to be. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

...Bob

/ Met "Big Tom" the Survivor at the Farm Show #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BTW, congrats on being a grandpa to be. )</font>

Thanks Bob. It was a pretty exciting weekend. When we got to church on Sunday morning, I went over to get a cup of coffee, and a bunch of "veteran" grandfathers were standing around to welcome the newest member to the club! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From what I gather watching these Survivor shows, Big Tom seems like a likeable, down to earth chap..... )</font>

Oh, I agree. I think Tom was/is my favorite Survivor. My comment was more tongue in cheek than anything else. He seems to be one of those fellows that will never change regardless of what happens to him. Like Brent mentioned, Tom had said "what you see is what you get". That's about about as down to earth as you can get.

So I agree that he would've been at the show even if he had won. If for no other reason than he just plain has a good time in those kind of situations. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif