That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Just hoping that we can have a little fun here. Am I the only one who still tries to solve basic math problems without a computer program?

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #2  
I use that helper all the time. I'm big on ratios as just about the only math anyone needs to know.

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #3  
My basic math problem I have not solved is how the household checking account balance goes down so fast. My wife never knows why either even though she writes all the checks.

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #4  
Tom

That is a Rate Time and distance problem

The distance is the important result. Money just doesn't seem to go very far.....

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #5  
Just hoping that we can have a little fun here. Am I the only one who still tries to solve basic math problems without a computer program?

I apparently missed something in my 80 years. What is "Soh-Cah-Toa"? sounds like mnomic for a math problem but I have never heard of it.

Harry K

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #7  
I apparently missed something in my 80 years. What is "Soh-Cah-Toa"? sounds like mnomic for a math problem but I have never heard of it.

Harry K

That's okay I had no idea what it meant either and I am only 60yo. Funny thing is that I use that (3-4-5) almost daily to square things up from buildings, fences, cabinets, and furniture.

The other thing I didn't know was that you can use a computer to figure mass and angles?

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #8  
Math Problem? No problem as long as I can take off my socks for over ten.

/ That famous Indian, Soh-Cah-Toa #9  
Since I almost always have a computer with me I usually default to that for complex problems.

That's okay I had no idea what it meant either and I am only 60yo. Funny thing is that I use that (3-4-5) almost daily to square things up from buildings, fences, cabinets, and furniture.

The other thing I didn't know was that you can use a computer to figure mass and angles?

My computer has an angle meter built in.