Garden hose.

/ Garden hose. #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Looking for advice on a good quality garden hose. Have paid 'extra' for better looking garden hoses that end up being as bad or worse than the cheap junk. Nothing makes me madder than paying more for something that is no better than the cheap stuff.

What am I looking for? First, good fittings that screw down tight and do not leak (at the join or swivel points). Second, resistance to kinking. I know all hoses kink but the last semi pricey "kink proof" hose kinks and shuts off flow worse than any hose I've ever seen. Third, durability.

I've got piles of crappy and poorly repaired hoses lying around. I'm ready to pitch them all out and pay whatever it takes to get a decent hose or two but I know now that the marketing, even at Lowes and Home Depot is often totally deceptive. Looking for first hand recommendations. Thanks for any advice.

/ Garden hose. #2  
I usually buy craftsman rubber lifetime hoses, they will link, but meet all of your other criteria.

/ Garden hose. #4  
Had a building burn about 12-13 years ago. Insurance agent told me to get the best when I replaced everything. When I mentioned the water hoses he said to get the Craftsman as they were the best. So I bought the Sears Craftsman Black Rubber Hose. Several of them as a matter of fact. They sit outside all winter long. They look and perform just like new. Only difference is now they don't leave black on your hands like they did the first couple years.

I have bought other "High Quality" hoses from Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc. since I got the Craftsman and all have developed leaks and been thrown away. They are expensive, but if you need reliability they are what I would get.

/ Garden hose. #5  
Heavy black rubber with brass ends like above. The stuff I got is Dayco (no longer available) and not Goodyear however. But made in USA Goodyear should be very good too. Actually the hose I got looks alot like this stuff from Dramm \I havent used their hose, but they do make very good water wands made in the USA (own 2) so Im sure its pretty good hose too.

I also have some Gilmour "Flexogen" lifetime but its not as good as the old black rubber IMHO.

/ Garden hose. #6  
I usually buy craftsman rubber lifetime hoses, they will link, but meet all of your other criteria.

This. ^^^^^^ These hoses have brass fittings and seem to last indefinitely. I have some I've used for 15+ years with no problems: still going strong.