My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings #1  

chad22

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sears Garden Tractor
Okay. As I promised. Here's some pics of the book I wrote and drew in when I was 8 back in 1996. WOW I feel so old. That was 19 years ago.

I know plenty on here are much older than me. But darn looking at the date I wrote and made this book makes feel old. lol

I was gonna do video but decided on pics so those with slow net connections could look as well without being bothered by video. lol

Looks like I didn't upload them in correct order. To read the book and see the pics in order start from the last one and work you way back towards the left. Well the author pages are in the correct order just not the rest of the book.

page4.jpgpage5.jpgpage6.jpgpage3.jpgpage2.jpgpage1.jpgfrontpage1.jpg

For those that can't make out what the book says.

Here is what it say.

WHAT GOOD LUCK WHAT BAD LUCK.

WRITTEN AND ILLUSTRATED BY:

Chad Williams

APRIL, 1996

What Good LuckI went to the Park. What bad luck I could'nt play. What good luck I found a doller. What bad luck mom wouldnt let me
Keep it. What good luck I found a bike. Whatbad luck my mom wouldnt let me Keep it. What good luck I found a snake.

What Bad luck my mom wouldnt let me keep it. Whatgood luck I finally got home. what Bad luck I had to go to Bed.

Meet the Author:

Hi my name is Chad williams I am 8 years old. I live in Kansas.

I wrote this story when I was in 2nd grade. I like to write Stories becaus it is fun to write Stories because you can use your imagination. Some
of the things I like to write a bout are summer becaus I like what you can do in the summer. As a writer and illustrator I try to remember what the story is about .

I "half erased h" hope that some of the people that read this book will like what Iwrote Someday I would like to write a book about summer.

Yes I misspelled those words and put some words together to show what it actually read like in the actual book.

I used to write my K's as R's First and then remember that it's a K and add the top line to it. lol

I will cherish this book forever.

Also you notice I spelled because (becaus) a few times and then did get it correct one time.

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings #2  
That's pretty darn cool! Good job!

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings
That's pretty darn cool! Good job!

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I enjoy pulling that book out once in awhile. It sure takes me back. Glad it's laminated too which will help preserve it.

When I was 11 and we were moving to another town. My younger sister threw it in the trash saying it was just trash and that I shouldn't hang onto it. But I told her I'm gonna cherish and protect that book for years to come. And it definitely is worth keeping to me. I love looking at it. It brings back memories.

If I ever have any kids I'd love to sit down and read that book to them.

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings #4  
Good work Chad. It's great to make your living with the English language, and it looks like you got started off right and started off early. Are you working on the great American novel? What'll it be..."A Farewell to Arms" or "Fifty Shades of Grey"? All kidding aside, I think we have one member (if I remember correctly) who recently had a book published, a mystery novel I believe. Keep up the good work. I am a bit concerned that the 8 year olds of today are even learning to read, let alone have the talent and imagination to write a novel!

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings #5  
Good work Chad. It's great to make your living with the English language, and it looks like you got started off right and started off early. Are you working on the great American novel? What'll it be..."A Farewell to Arms" or "Fifty Shades of Grey"? All kidding aside, I think we have one member (if I remember correctly) who recently had a book published, a mystery novel I believe. Keep up the good work. I am a bit concerned that the 8 year olds of today are even learning to read, let alone have the talent and imagination to write a novel!
We did have one author here, I'm not sure if he's an active member or not. He wrote a Sc-Fi book called "Walking Shadows". (I had to go to my Amazon account to remember the name.)

Chad, too bad that your mother wouldn't let you keep the snake. :)

/ My What Good Luck What Bad Luck Book From 19 years ago when I was 8 with my drawings
We did have one author here, I'm not sure if he's an active member or not. He wrote a Sc-Fi book called "Walking Shadows". (I had to go to my Amazon account to remember the name.)
That's awesome. Seems like a good book. Will have to get it and read it.

Chad, too bad that your mother wouldn't let you keep the snake. :)

lol. Yeah that's a darn shame. My mother is really deathly afraid of snakes. When I was in Kindergarten we had some people come to the school with snakes, turtles baby alligators etc.

The guy wanted someone he could let this big python snake wrap around. No one else volunteered but me. I was a little hesitant myself. And they said they would have it under control. "I was like yeah right" And rolled my eyes.

This snake wrapped around me and after awhile of having it around me I eased up. I got a picture of the snaked wrapped around me somewhere.

I used to bring lizards in the house and bring them to bed with me. My mom would come to wake me up for school and she'd be startled by this lizard in my bed. xd

I'll have to see if my mom still has the pic of the snake wrapped around me. It scared her when I came home with that photo and showed it to her. After she asked what we did that day. lol

Mom told me that my youngest sister had a rattler snake get into her crib with her when she was a month old. "She's 32 now"

The snake I had around me was like this one.

python_1.jpg