Free Stuff

/ Free Stuff #21  
Yeah, we've got some trickle down Trina here... every time a new employee is hired and needs a new computer, she orders herself the biggest baddest PC on the planet, has her old one configured for her assistant, has her assistant's configured for the manager, has the manager's configured for the crew leader and the crew leader's is what the new person gets.... 4th gen junk. And all this for web based apps! :confused2: Glad I'm outa that loop now. :thumbsup:

I used to see that happen sometimes, and sadly that meant that the computer-challenged old people were getting the best computers, and the bright young computer-savvy employees were getting the old hand me downs. Thankfully that has changed and no longer happens.

/ Free Stuff
Hey, I had to buy my own work computer when the hand me down Win98 would not support vendor software...

The former boss said no one was stopping me from buying a better computer... so I did.

Of course she never thought I would and they don't have a password for it... so there you have it.

Highly irregular... but that's me... good thing I keep excellent records going back 24 years... I'm also the one with all the institutional knowledge because most of the company had 3 to 7 years there.