Shaken, but "OK"

/ Shaken, but "OK" #1  

TWINKLE_TOES

Veteran Member
Shaken, but \"OK\"

This is an "Off Topic", definitely "Not for Fun"

<font color=blue>Shaken, but "OK"</font color=blue>

This was the headline in a Seattle paper today from the Ash Wednesday 6.8 quake. Two minor aftershakes occured today 3.4 and 2.7.

The Northwest dodged a bullet on this one, primarily do to the depth of the epicenter (32) miles. As the mole digs, I live 42 miles from the center. My place suffered no damage.

Pretty scary stuff. On all fours you can't remain stable in a 6.8 quake.

Emergency services in the Northwest have done an admirable job. My hat is off to each and all of them. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I get the day off because of damage to the building where I work.

/ Shaken, but "OK" #2  
Re: Shaken, but \"OK\"

TWINKLE_TOES,
Glad to read your okay also..whew.
Last night on NBC News they said no after shocks do to the earthquake was 32 mile under ground,but 3.4 & 2.7 /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
I do hope the west coast luck changes soon.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Shaken, but "OK" #3  

Looks like I picked the wrong week to visit my son in Port Orchard. The quake frightened me more than my first rocket attack in Viet Nam. Fortunately, no injuries and only minor damage to son's house. This was an experience I could have done without!

/ Shaken, but "OK" #4  

I also live in Wa. I was at work, and it did rock & roll real good here to. This was my first real Big earth quake and I did not like it at all. It scared the @& out of me. We did get to go home early so I went and test drove some new tractors. I have made up my mind to go with the B7500. I will be going on Friday to buy it. Twinkle Toes who do you deal with in our area? I live in Stanwood. I've heard good thing about Sound Tractor. I think that I will go with them.

/ Shaken, but "OK" #5  

Darins,
Now thats a good way to start a weekend...
Friday and purchase a new Kubota./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Have you decided what attachment you may also purchase since your on a roll. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Shaken, but "OK" #6  

Now there's a classic reaction to stress! Survive an earthquake...go test drive tractors! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Pete (who survived Hurricane Floyd and bought a tractor)

/ Shaken, but "OK" #7  

Thomas, I am going to get a loader and a 4ft. box sraper.(landpride) I can get a 5ft. for the same price but I think that would be a little to much. Also Boondox, I thought that it would be a good stress reliever to. I went home and we had no damage and the wife and kids didn't get home for a few more hrs. so off I go. test drove a New Holland tc18. It is a nice unit but I like the 7500 a little better. then after all of that stress had to have a cold one!!

/ Shaken, but "OK"

Darins,
<font color=blue>who do you deal with in our area?</font color=blue>

I deal with Jennings in Puyallup on River Road, a fellow named Wayne and Issaquah Kubota in Issaquah, a fellow named Joel. Both dealers are very good. Issaquah is a larger operation.

I Just got back from Issaquah looking at a BX2000 and the B7500. Both with 60" midmount mowers. I plan on checking with Jennings this afternoon. This is a mowing rig for my wife. So far she likes the B7500 /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. We started this morning looking at Deere GT and 300/400 series lawn tractors. Do I have her trained or what??? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Shaken, but "OK" #9  

Twinkle Toes, I did talk with the dealer in Issaquah. they did give me the best price.$12,995 with a loader. but they are a little far for me so I am going with Sound Tractor in Everett. They will match all prices and the owner lives by me. So that does come in handy. The whole package deal so far is around $14,400 That with the box scaper and tax. That tax is a killer! I have heard very good thing about the Sound tractor and have spent lots of time talking to them. I did talk with Jenning too and he said it would be good for me to dael with Sound to because of location. But we have to feel fortunate that we do have so many dealers close by. I have also talked to Scholtens in Burlington. They all were close in price when you get right down to it. You just have to deal a little with them. By the way how did you train your wife sooo good?? Mine hasn't even gone with me to look?

/ Shaken, but "OK" #10  

TWINKLE_TOES,
To have your wife go tractor shopping..thats great. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif "Do I have trained or what" will maybe I would delete that part,for if she saw what your wrote. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif
Okay whats your secret in traning. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif