Gorilla Grip

/ Gorilla Grip #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
no slip all nylon gloves...

Bought a pair...I love em digging in the dirt, mud, or handling greenhouse materials, tools or machinery.

Problem though local hardware store had them for $7.00 a pair and when the guys at work saw them they ALL wanted me to get them some too. So I searched online BECAUSE no way was that price per pair going to cut it in a volume buy and get this...5 PAIR FOR TEN BUCKS AT THE LOCAL BIG BOX STORE and the internet showed 92 PAIRS IN STOCK! So I tore into the hardware store yesterday and expressed my opinion. Went online again today to check sales aisle location for a quick trip in an out of the box store and the online inventory showed out stock!

Tore back into the hardware store and said " what did you guys do buy all 92 pairs?"

They said "How did you know how many there were..did you count them?

WTF!

/ Gorilla Grip #2  
That's my kind of luck. Actually, I think a similar story may have been the reason for the making of the old saying; ...We are our own worst enemy.

/ Gorilla Grip #4  
Bet they that you where the best customer ever. You over pay for what they have in stock, then you go out and find a cheaper price for them to buy them and make even more money selling them in their store!!!!

Eddie

/ Gorilla Grip #6  
They should give you a few pair.

/ Gorilla Grip #7  
Local guy is going to get stuck with a bunch of pairs of gloves once big box restocks.

PS I wonder if he can buy gloves at big box for the same price or less than his supplier. It wouldn't surprise me.

/ Gorilla Grip
Hardware store guy told me he couldn't get the gloves any cheaper from his supplier. Singles in the big box sell for $4.97 a pair...I said all I will ever pay you is that! :D

I have other types of these gloves...a foam nitrile coated version I also like. This Liberty brand is top quality too. F4600. I got a dozen pairs thru Amazon and less than $3 a pair

Liberty Glove & Safety - Coated & Plain Knit Gloves - Coated Seamless Knit

Not as lightweight as the Gorilla Grip there a bit warm in hot weather because of the heavier weave (I wore some yesterday at work) But each has their distinct advantages. I think these are great for wrenching in the garage, Gorillas are really great for wet stuff

I looked at a bunch of them and the qualities vary a lot with brand names and price. And with all the different material compositions they offer out there it can get pretty confusing too!. Nylon, pvc, latex, nitrile, etc. :rolleyes: