Cyclist's and their steeds

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #2  
I've got a Trek 5900 US Postal and a Trek STP250 for off road with a SID Race. Tore my shoulder up 5 years ago and this is the first summer I've felt like riding. But right now, it is simply too hot. Both bikes are carbon the STP looks a lot like your bike geometry wise, but I have small rear shock that I usually lock out unless the trail is very rocky.
Pics not working.

/ Cyclist's and their steeds
But right now, it is simply too hot.
I almost have the opposite problem here, when it's less than 10C (50F) with an icy wind blowing I don't really feel like riding.
Interesting rear shock design on the STP, how much travel does it have?

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #4  
I almost have the opposite problem here, when it's less than 10C (50F) with an icy wind blowing I don't really feel like riding.
Interesting rear shock design on the STP, how much travel does it have?

Not much. Maybe 10 cm at most. I actually prefer a hardtail, but I got a good deal on the bike because it was too tall for most riders. Plus you can lock the shock out. I'm dreaming of 50 degrees. If it were that cool here tomorrow I'd be looking for a 100 mile ride. :licking:

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #5  
I used to have Fuji with Santour components. I loved the bike but I crashed it one night hitting a metal post in the middle of the trail. The frame was bent that the front wheel was where the pedals should be. Then I got one of the first Specialized mountain bikes but had to replace the front fork because the original had resonance vibration problem. Now I have carbon Trek road bike. When I was single and didn't have "real" job I used to bike anywhere between 600 to 1000 miles a months. We my wife and I still bike but we do only about 200 miles a month.
Can't insert an image for some reason.

Sounds good, the image uploading system is down.

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #7  
Tore my shoulder up 5 years ago and this is the first summer I've felt like riding

BTDT ;)

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #8  
Great photo, Ferrari99! Very moody looking clouds.
Old school street bike, here.
1974 Raleigh Super Course TT Reynolds 531 frame.
It came with sew-up tires & Mavic red label rims and that's how I've rolled ever since.
It has been up in a loft, above where 2 of the tractors sleep, for too many years.
The road we're on has almost no shoulder at all and I dread some of the local drivers seeming inability to concentrate.
-Jim

/ Cyclist's and their steeds #9  
IF it doesn't have a motor on it and a big comfortable seat, I don't ride it. I sure wouldn't be doing some of the things you off road bikers do to try and kill yourselves. I have enough danger just working around the house, riding my Goldwing and RTV 900 and driving on highways with automobiles.

Great photo, Ferrari99! Very moody looking clouds.
Old school street bike, here.
1974 Raleigh Super Course TT Reynolds 531 frame.
It came with sew-up tires & Mavic red label rims and that's how I've rolled ever since.
It has been up in a loft, above where 2 of the tractors sleep, for too many years.
The road we're on has almost no shoulder at all and I dread some of the local drivers seeming inability to concentrate.
-Jim
The photo is nothing amazing really just a phone photo with some editing (Australia gets far better than that). Sounds like your bike is doing well for its age.

IF it doesn't have a motor on it and a big comfortable seat, I don't ride it. I sure wouldn't be doing some of the things you off road bikers do to try and kill yourselves. I have enough danger just working around the house, riding my Goldwing and RTV 900 and driving on highways with automobiles.
You can just as easily be killed in a car or on a motorbike.