Where do Riblets come from?

/ Where do Riblets come from? #12  
A true riblet is smaller rib portions created when the back ribs or spare ribs are cut down to straighten or to make smaller. The riblet portions will vary in size and are also available boneless. Hormel used to sell pork riblets in 10 lb boxes.

/ Where do Riblets come from? #13  
Oh man!!! There goes someone else's fantasy down the drain /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Where do Riblets come from? #14  
Hi
I thought riblets came from piglet ribs

charlie

/ Where do Riblets come from? #15  
I cannot help you.... two things changed my life when it came to asking about food, and how it got to my mouth.

1. Asking about what I was about to eat at a "gyro" shwarma stand in Saudi Arabia.

2. Reading the ingrediants on "Scrapple".

Yes, I still enjoy "gyros" and "Scrapple".......

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Where do Riblets come from? #16  
Mmm..Schwarma! Just brush those flies off and serve!

/ Where do Riblets come from? #17  
This seems like a situation where " The Birds and The Bee's " has not been fully explained.

Egon

/ Where do Riblets come from? #18  
A Schwarma, or however you want to spell it, is the Saudi equivilant of a Greek Gyro. A roll of ground spiced meat rotating in front of a gas flame. The whole outfit out on the street. But in Saudi, it appears that the health regulations are not as strict of comprehensive as in the USA. So there might just be a few flys taking a ride on the rotissary along with the meat. And who knows, there may be some camel or goat in there somewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with goat! One of the local Mexican restaraunts in my area serves a very good goat stew that I've ordered a few times.

/ Where do Riblets come from? #19  
<font color="blue">"Hormel used to sell pork riblets in 10 lb boxes." </font>

Off the rib, it's called SPAM!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif