$3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee
We'be been through two new ones in 10 years. Grrrr.... :rolleyes:

I pulled a Maytag Dishwasher out of the dumpster last month. It looked so shiny and new. I took a look at the date and it was made in 2011.

Only lasted someone 4 years.

My wife has had the same dishwasher for 25 years. I make strange noises every once in a while, but still function ok.

XD. :) That's funny.

By the way. My current coffee maker is an electric percolator.

It was given to me in some stuff I cleaned out of a house someone was tearing down.

Not sure how old it is, it's a plastic one but it does work great.

I started using it after my $20.00 Hamilton Beach brew station quit on me.

Also I found it easier to just lift the reservoir out and pour the coffee into my cup instead of pushing the cup up against it.

If the percolator goes out I'll buy another cheap coffee maker with a simple switch on it.

Saw one today at walmart for $8.00

Chad

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #24  
If they'll show me an icemaker that doesn't break down, I might consider the coffee maker.

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #25  
By the way. My current coffee maker is an electric percolator.
Chad

My parents have a percolator that still works that has to be around 50 years old. Course there is not much to go wrong with the thing. I can't remember if it even has an on/off switch. :confused3::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pretty sure they still have the waffle iron as well as an electric skillet that have to be around 50 years old too.

Later,
Dan

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #26  
I have some old cast iron waffle irons you put over the range or wood stove and heat that way. They still work really well.

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #27  
I have some old cast iron waffle irons you put over the range or wood stove and heat that way. They still work really well.

Fortunately, the EPA is putting laws into place and dispatching teams of black helicopters to deal with renegade energy non-consumers such as yourself. ;)

..... wish I was totally joking...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #28  
Fortunately, the EPA is putting laws into place and dispatching teams of black helicopters to deal with renegade energy non-consumers such as yourself. ;)

..... wish I was totally joking...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

I actually like to cook pancakes and eggs on the wood stove. I reheat leftovers or frozen foods there as well. All the grandkids think it's cool. Of course I don't cook anything that way that splatters.

I actually like to cook pancakes and eggs on the wood stove.

I cooked a lot on my wood stove in my mobile home I used to live in. In the 4 years I lived in the mobile I never put in myself a gas cook stove.

I still had my fifth wheel camper so if I needed to cook or bake something in the summer I just used the camper stove/oven.

During the winter I just used the wood stove.

I had planned to get a new gas stove to put in the house but never did.

I moved out of the mobile home almost a year ago. I love wood stoves. I'll come inside from the freezing cold and just stand there next to it until my pants start smoldering. lol

I love the heat they give off and I love the smell of wood smoke from someone heating with wood.

/ $3,300.00 Fridge makes Coffee #30  
Add me to the "kiss" crowd.
I prefer things that have a simple 'on-off' switch. Forget the timers, energy this and that and computer based intelligent device.
Problem is that if the device does not have 'intelligent' or 'computer' on the label it is a poor seller.
Adding a chip at today's cost is easy to justify a higher price tag.
Look at cars, do they promote MPG, durability? no they sell you on all the devices you'll probably rarely need or use, and to add insult to injury only sell 'packages' but with low interest 'never never' plans.