Heavyweight Sweatshirts

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
I'm really needing a few new ones :D

The cheap lightweight stuff like the WallyWorld sells are pretty pathetic

I have had some really good heavy ones usually I score them at flea mkts or stumble upon some closeout sale never paying more than $10 -$15 tops, but I have pretty much managed to wear most them all out and now they are headed to be shop rags.

I really cant see paying $50 apiece for a sweatshirt though like some places have. About half that price should be tops in my book.

Usually a good heavy sweatshirt layered over a couple of cotton cloth shirts add a vest or hoodie and is all I need to work in during most of colder seasons.

Any clues? :confused3:

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #2  
I have good luck w/Fruit of Looms sweat shirts.

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #3  
Go to the lost & found at your local YMCA and pick over what you find there before they take another 'load' out to be donated. :D

Stock up on towels & T-shirts while you're there. :) (not kidding)

btw, Don't sweatshirts get thicker after they've been shrunk in the dryer? (... haven't used one in 30+ yrs ...)

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #4  
Don't know how you feel about 2nd hand/thrift stores (Salvation Army/Goodwill/consignment shops) but I have found some REALLY nice stuff in places like that for next to nothing. You never know what you'll find, people get rid of once or never worn things all the time.

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts
Thomas that's what the Walmart has! :eek:

I dunno bro curious if they do offer the heavyweights? Maybe I'm just missing them. :confused:

Mostly the ones I had have names like Gilden heavy blend, Gilden Ultra, Santee heavyweight, Lee heavyweight. Lee ultra weight.

I had Milwaukee brand heated sweatshirt I ripped it 3 times in 3 weeks. They were good enough to replace it though.

Geez I haven't been to Goodwill

And my church does have a monthly clothing sale too

Thanks for those ideas.

As for sweatshirts getting thicker in the dryer I don't know but you got to wonder where all that stuff in the lint screen comes from! :eek:

Was curious if anyone knew of something like an online discount outlet store maybe.

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #8  
Carhartt makes my favorite sweatshirts. I tend to pick one up at the end of winter for a very good price. I think $20 on sale at Atwoods. I like to the XXL so I can wear them over my lighter sweatshirts. I have never seen a sweatshirt as thick, or well built as the ones made by Carhartt.

Nice Eddie...and wow $20 would be a great price for Carhartt quality.

/ Heavyweight Sweatshirts #10  
I know a lot of folks like sweatshirts, but I never cared for them at all. I don't like anything with a hoodie, and I don't care for anything that I have to pull over my head. I have always secretly wished that I could buy a zip up sweatshirt with a collar and no hoodie.