The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
That was of course the day that Buddy Holley died. Lately though, we are losing some of what I would term "our generations" greats. David Bowie, Glenn Fry and a number of actors.

With a leap of faith, I get the feeling that many of the members are more or less my vintage (65)? If so, going back to the crazy days of the late sixties and early seventies, no matter what, we had some great music. Certainly much better than what IMHO is being made today. It seems like rock songs try to hard to cover to many themes, country is for those that cannot make it in the rock world, etc, etc.

Anyway, we are barely into the new year and everyday we hear of someone that once was (or perhaps still is) relavent passing on. RIP

/ The day the music died. #2  
I had no idea Glenn Fry had died !!.. Glad I got to see him I guess what would be his last tour last yr... One of the greatest bar none !

/ The day the music died.
I mispelled his name, it should be Frey not Fry, sorry. Actually, I also mispelled Buddy Holly's name though his real name did have the "e" in it. Having troubles with my "e",s I guess.

/ The day the music died. #4  
That was of course the day that Buddy Holley died. Lately though, we are losing some of what I would term "our generations" greats. David Bowie, Glenn Fry and a number of actors.

With a leap of faith, I get the feeling that many of the members are more or less my vintage (65)? If so, going back to the crazy days of the late sixties and early seventies, no matter what, we had some great music. Certainly much better than what IMHO is being made today. It seems like rock songs try to hard to cover to many themes, country is for those that cannot make it in the rock world, etc, etc.

Anyway, we are barely into the new year and everyday we hear of someone that once was (or perhaps still is) relavent passing on. RIP

May I humbly suggest going to YouTube and check out Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. 'Todays' music covered in older styles... heck, you can even understand the words! As an example, here is Ellie Goulding's song 'Burn' done as a '60s Girl Group; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZY9_Xr5XPA

Hopefully it'll put a smile back on your face, Mate.

/ The day the music died. #5  
Almost feels like the death of an old friend. Netflix has an excellent documentary "The History of the Eagles"... One of the best things I've watched in ages!

/ The day the music died. #6  
Almost feels like the death of an old friend. Netflix has an excellent documentary "The History of the Eagles"... One of the best things I've watched in ages!

I watched that to and loved it.
I didn't realise the Eagles had so many hits. Hotel California being their best. IMHO

/ The day the music died. #7  
I no longer listen to the radio, when one of my kids uses any of my vehicles as soon as I get in, my ears are assailed by what sounds like a sack of cats going through a chipper and that's if I'm lucky and it's not on a rap station.:banghead:

/ The day the music died. #8  
I no longer listen to the radio, when one of my kids uses any of my vehicles as soon as I get in, my ears are assailed by what sounds like a sack of cats going through a chipper and that's if I'm lucky and it's not on a rap station.:banghead:

Here's the rule at our house. Whoever is driving gets to pick the music. Wouldn't want the driver to be stressed or aggressively aggravated, now would we? Hmmm? :laughing:

/ The day the music died. #9  
I liked most of the Eagles songs and while Hotel California was very good the best one for me was "Witchy Woman" but then that was my wife's handle back in the old CB days and of course every guy who heard her wanted to meet with her since she had that soft sexy voice. :thumbsup:

/ The day the music died. #10  
May I humbly suggest going to YouTube and check out Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. 'Todays' music covered in older styles... heck, you can even understand the words! As an example, here is Ellie Goulding's song 'Burn' done as a '60s Girl Group; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZY9_Xr5XPA

Hopefully it'll put a smile back on your face, Mate.
Wagtail, that is a great video. Thanks for sharing.