Interesting

/ Interesting #21  
I guess I am old and dumb .Technology has brought us into the future with cell phones , texting , laptops , drones ? Seems like we are going backwards as far as human beings . There is no love out there anymore .

cel.jpeg

I have land line and cel #s, $50 /mo per. One is public, gets one of twenty calls that aren't beggars or liars. No message, screen caller ID for Dr's ofc etc. Inbox not set up on cel, number very private. Does keep calls down on both. (too busy to be anyone's audience, anyway)
I appreciate my 'cel' most when it's on the charger & I'm getting seat time. :cool:

BTW Me, old fashioned? Well, IMO ...:
- Texting a conversation is inane/ridiculous/silly. (choose no more than three)
- Life is too short to watch television. :)thumbsup: public radio)
- I'm not living when I'm sitting down.
- (I don't drink, but..) Beer is food.

/ Interesting #22  
A wee different telephone/mobile system here in Aus. Practically each State has its own 2 digit area code (0#) whereas ALL mobile phones have the same area code (04) that must be included when dialling. We also have a governmental national 'no solicitation' database that you can register all of your phone numbers. It works well except that charities are exempt. So if someone calls that I don't know or am expecting and they're not a charity, then it's a scam.

Mind you, some of those charities an be rather persistent. They'll rattle off who they are at the beginning and then ask for you. I usually stop their spiel, get them to slowly repeat who they are and what State they're calling from... I'm not going to donate to the NSW Rural Fire Brigade when I live in Tasmania.

Also, the last fortnight of June is the worst for these calls! The end of tax season is the 31st of June and they all want to pad your tax return with 'last minute' donation/deductions.

/ Interesting #23  
I guess I am old and dumb .Technology has brought us into the future with cell phones , texting , laptops , drones ? Seems like we are going backwards as far as human beings . There is no love out there anymore .

I think the same thing....

/ Interesting #24  
I think the same thing....
And kevin37b...

And yet here we are, using that self same technology to communicate AND help eachother. Some of us from lands far away from the other and at no cost for the advice/knowledge/opinion shared, other than the time taken to respond.

I reckon that there's still a wee bit of 'love' left out here.

/ Interesting #25  
Example of my last few texts...

Told my fiancé just now that I was home from the farm. She's at work and can't talk but likes knowing I made it in.

Sent one to a friend asking opinion on a piece of equipment I may buy, included a picture. He liked it and the price.

Was working on a friends farm and while he was gone to the barn I told him he better not come back with out me a beer from the fridge. Didn't even have to turn the tractor off or take my ear plugs out.

Texting is a great tool for when you don't have time for or require a full conversation via phone call or face to face.

/ Interesting #26  
They left a message on my phone that they (the IRS) have filed a suit against me and call them I'm ASAP! That was a few months ago. Just havent got around to calling them.....
me too
:rolleyes:

/ Interesting #27  
Was working on a friends farm and while he was gone to the barn I told him he better not come back with out me a beer from the fridge. Didn't even have to turn the tractor off or take my ear plugs out.
Texting is a great tool for when you don't have time for or require a full conversation via phone call or face to face.
Or when you are someplace where you can't hear someone very well...
Or when your wife wants you to grab 10 things on the way home from work (easier to remember everything if she texts a list).

Aaron Z

/ Interesting #28  
I get 3 to five calls a day from out of state, and now a bunch from my area code that I never answer. Some are just looking for me to buy something, but I'm sure others are out to scam me if they can. If I don't know the person calling, I don't answer the phone. I keep my phone on mute, so I never hear it ring or ding or anything. It rings so often that I see incoming calls, but I still don't answer them.

It's the way of the world we are living in. Sad, but I don't know any other way.

Me too. 3 or 4 from out of state and some from the same area code.
I don't answer. If you really know me, leave a message and I'll call you back.

/ Interesting #29  
It continues to plague the elderly I know...

It must work because the operations seem to be expanding...

Like Eddie... Mom got one from a Microsoft "Partner" that her Computer was causing are wide trouble that required immediate action... so Mom calls me at work.

Thing is Mom doesn't own a computer and has never used one ever... still has a rotary dial phone.

There needs to be a special place in **** for these people... take no prisoners!

/ Interesting #30  
We got a call saying our name had been drawn for trip for 2 to Jamaica.
Wife says hang up that is a scam!

I did not as I recognized the voice as being the old mayor who owned a restaurant that we had dined at.
They drew 10 names and last man standing won the trip.
We had a nice time! (in Jamaica)