California

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / California #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower

California Now World's Sixth-Largest Economy

If the state of California were its own country, it would have the sixth-largest economy in the world, ahead of 10th-place Brazil, ninth-place Italy, eighth-place India and, now, seventh-place France. California's economy trails only the United States, China, Japan, Germany, and, barely, the United Kingdom.

The state's economy grew by 4.1% in 2015, well ahead of overall U.S. growth of 2.4% and French growth of 1.1%. According to a report at Bloomberg News, four of the world's 10 largest companies are headquartered in California, including tech heavyweights Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) and Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB).

/ California #2  
Too bad its all gonna fall in the ocean when the big one hits.

Seriously, though, there's too many people there for the area to support. Somethings gonna give sooner or later.

/ California #3  
All my life people have been counting California out... there were even best selling books like "The Late Great State of California"

The one thing I have experienced is it always comes back stronger.

I do think in part it is in spite of the way it is governed...

There are a few things that really need to be addressed such as water and power...

/ California #4  
Mark Perry and others post periodic comparisons of the economies of the various states to national economies. Here's Mark's latest:

Ck_vAfbWYAAEQ1c.jpg

Mark J. Perry on Twitter: "US State Map Renamed with Countries with Similar GDPS, CA = France, TX = Canada, etc. https://t.co/4xE5Et6vof"

Steve

/ California #5  
Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.....again.
And I lived in Santa Barbara. Heaven to some, not to me.

But the economy was great, even then.

/ California #6  
All my life people have been counting California out... there were even best selling books like "The Late Great State of California"

The one thing I have experienced is it always comes back stronger.

I do think in part it is in spite of the way it is governed...

There are a few things that really need to be addressed such as water and power...
I wonder how they are going to solve their water problem?

/ California #7  
Used to live in California......great place to be from. Still a great place to live if you are an orange or avocado.

/ California #9  

Attachments

• australia-map 2.jpg
    australia-map 2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 365
   / California #10  
Hmmm... it looks like nothing (in the USA) compares to Australia. :)

And, no, Austria doesn't count.

Hang on a minute mate...how do we get to be a Major City in your map of Stralya ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.