Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines...

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines... #1  

hr3

Veteran Member
Tractor
7610 hst
Just wondering if anybody here has done this ?? The wife is from there and we are looking for houses now. Any thoughts on banking ?

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines... #2  
My wife wants to do it, I hated rainy season. Can live very good on 85,000 pesos a month. I'm watching the new president and how it works out. The dead body count is raising quickly. My Pillippine drivers license is good until 2020.

mark

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines...
I have been watching him too. My wife thinks he's good though,, only after the drug guys at least for now...

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines... #4  
What about all the fun plowing/shoveling snow, if that change your mind you drop your tractor off at my place and I'll keep the rust of it for you, free of charge.

What about all the fun plowing/shoveling snow, if that change your mind you drop your tractor off at my place and I'll keep the rust of it for you, free of charge.
Thanks for the offer but I have 3 people that want to buy it already....

The wife is looking at houses and all the lots seem small.. 2000 sq. meters doesn't seem like much..

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines... #7  
The wife is looking at houses and all the lots seem small.. 2000 sq. meters doesn't seem like much..

That's about a half acre.......right?

We are going out on the lawn today to see what a 1/2 acre looks like.. lol the south lawn is about 2 acres..

/ Retireing this fall and moveing to the Philippines... #10  
I suppose if I was an invalid, I could make do with a 1/2 ac. I just can't see me living like that now. I have too many tools and machines that I'm not willing to give up just yet although I'm not married either. :) After moving to the country from housing where you could reach out and practically touch the next house, I've grown accustomed to the free space and quiet. Not to mention being able to do anything I want on the property (no restrictions/ordinances). I'd go crazy with nothing to do or work on.

I admire your dedication to the marriage and hope that perhaps there's a meeting point. Any chance of buying a farm over there? :)