Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #11  
Ford ends 2016 on a high note in China

Jan. 6, 2017 |About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Ford (NYSE:F) reports sales in China increased 23% in November to 149,856 units.

Sales for the Changan Ford Automobile JV rose 19% to 115,654 vehicles.

Sales for the Jiangling Motor Corporation JV jumped 28% to 32,913 vehicles.

The automaker ended the year with continued strong demand for SUV models Edge and Explorer.

2016 Ford China sales +14% to 1.272M.

I saw this thread a day or so and remembered reading the Ford article as well. Thanks for posting. It's not so much a GM home run as it is a Chinese auto market home run. Just like Chinese manufacturing, when the Chinese auto buying market matures, things will change fast, especially for GM and Ford stockholders.

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #12  
It's almost impossible not to imagine record growth for products like these as the huge population develops more of a first world standard of living. Lot's of opportunities out there to sell to China I would expect.

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #13  
It's almost impossible not to imagine record growth for products like these as the huge population develops more of a first world standard of living. Lot's of opportunities out there to sell to China I would expect.

I agree. I'm hoping our direction change in this country will create a trade excess with China rather than the current trade deficit. I would have rather saw our auto makers stay in the U.S. and market cars in China rather than build them there and market them here.....

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #14  
I saw a 13 minute interview on Bloomberg yesterday (didn't notice the interview date) with Dallas Federal Reserve President Kaplan. I found his comments on trade with Mexico interesting and a different take on the topic than most of the current spin. If you can find it, it's worth the time.

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #15  
China is the second richest country in the world. They would be the richest if we paid them all the money we owe them but that ain't gonna happen.

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #16  
China is the second richest country in the world. They would be the richest if we paid them all the money we owe them but that ain't gonna happen.

Something about that bums me out a bit frankly. I used to think of the US as untouchable in just about every way.

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #17  
When we were in China a few years ago we were told the Buick is the car brand to buy. Buick was considered a car of the affluent before the Communist took over and somehow that idea stayed in the Culture through the decades. Kinda amazing to me.

The area we visited had a mandatory age limit on vehicles that I think applied to cars and not just trucks. I can't remember the time limit, maybe seven years?, then the truck/vehicle could no longer be on the road. Supposedly this was due to safety concerns but you have to wonder if it was mainly to force new truck/vehicle sales.

We were in south China and the pollution was horrible. Not like in NE China which is beyond horrible. Best I could tell the air pollution was from ship traffic on the river and from motor bikes. I only saw two power plants, one in Hong Kong and another somewhere along a river we were traveling. There had to be more large scale pollution sources but I did not see it. There were lots of motor bikes driving around with no pollution control devices though. Quite a few cars and trucks as well. The number of cars surprised us but there were not traffic jams of cars either. Buying a car is still difficult for most people and often families combine money to buy a car.

We saw huge highways and bridges being built but very little traffic on the existing roads. There was traffic but not traffic jams like we have here at home.

Quite alot of speculative building of both public infrastructure and housing. Huge apartment complexes built with very few people in them with more being built.... The part of China we saw is obviously in a huge housing bubble, and when it pops, it is going to be ugly.

China was amazing and we would love to go back and spend more time there. We were in what is considered a rural area, though we considered it a city. Going into a bigger city, you could see the difference in how people were dressing even though the two places are a short 30-45 minute bus ride apart. Twas an alien place, with many things being the same but so much being different. Food quality was so much healthier too. We lost weight over in China and I think it was because we were not eating so many refined carbs. Surprisingly we noticed the same thing in Scotland and Ireland. We lost weight in China, Ireland and Scotland and we think it is because the food is not as refined as in the US. Far less simple carbs and more fat, protein and complex carbs. We ate quite a bit in all three countries but still lost weight.

Best nachos we have ever had were in a small hotel, in a small port town, at the western edge of Scotland! :licking::licking::licking: You want good nachos, don't got to Mexico. Don't go to Texas. You have to go to Scotland and have nachos with haggis! :licking::confused3::shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wow, I went from Buick in China to nachos with Haggis in Scotland, all in one post! :D:D:D

That same small port town had some great whiskey's as well. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Sales Records For General Motors In CHINA #18  
In the area of China we visited, owning a Buick was big deal and considered a luxury/status car. This supposedly started before WWII and the idea survived inspite of the Communist Party which I thought was interesting.

Later,
Dan

Wow- Interesting- did a little research and Looks like my old Rhino ( Shanghai) tractors parent company has really grown.

SAIC Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation in the joint venture with GM produced a LOT of Buicks in the last few years.

(Shanghai Tractor and Internal Combustion Engine company) STEC one of SAIC's divisions from what I can find ,is producing stampings for the new china Buicks.

They split the tractor division into a 40/60 ownership with New Holland and looks to still be making tractors possibly even my 55hp-although updated and some well over 120 hp.
here's their 242 HP model

Shanghai New Holland Snht214 Tractor For Sale - Buy Tracator,Farm Tractor,Farm Machine Product on Alibaba.com

Sorry- couldn't help but relating this back to tractors being TBN and all:)

Last edited: