Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy??

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy??
Going with your description of his lifestyle I'd recommend memories... the cookout gathering will be one of them, but if you can get him out to a concert or an event that he'd enjoy with you it'll mean a lot more to him.

Hands down winner suggestion...we will take him and his wife out to dinner at a restaurant soon and then to an event. Thanks very much !!!

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #12  
Harry & David have some pretty tasty treat and fruit packages. Not cheap, but really good. I can't imagine anyone not liking one.

There are at least two of us who don't like them! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We have a family member who sends us a very nice package with pears every danged year. We tell them every year that the gift was nice but stop sending them to us since the pears go to waste and they are expensive. They keep sending. :confused3::rolleyes:

We do eat, and very much like, the muffins and jams that are in the box, but we don't really like pears and they end up rotting if we don't give them away in time. Just a waste of money and food to send us those danged pears.

Later,
Dan

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #13  
You didn't give much to go on, but being past 65 I can give you a my personal slant. I like to read, in spurts, and a good book that goes along with his interests might hit the spot. I have two waiting on me right now, that I will get to this Winter. How about a high-quality pocket knife? A man can never have too many knives. I would love to have a CD of Daryle Singletary's songs, or Faron Young, or a compilation of Calvin & Hobbes cartoons. I could always use a GOOD pair of leather gloves or a hat with ear flaps!

A '59 Corvette wouldn't be bad, or a '55 Bel Air 2dr hdtp.

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #14  
There are at least two of us who don't like them! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We have a family member who sends us a very nice package with pears every danged year. We tell them every year that the gift was nice but stop sending them to us since the pears go to waste and they are expensive. They keep sending. :confused3::rolleyes:

We do eat, and very much like, the muffins and jams that are in the box, but we don't really like pears and they end up rotting if we don't give them away in time. Just a waste of money and food to send us those danged pears.

Later,
Dan
Dan, maybe this year you'll get some Omaha steaks instead 😀😀😀

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #15  
A new corvette would be nice

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #16  
Help is what he needs. Help him fill out his Medicare application which he should have done 3 months before his birthday. Help him or get him some help to do a through cleaning of his apartment. Does he have a comfortable recliner and a good reading light?

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #17  
Help is what he needs. Help him fill out his Medicare application which he should have done 3 months before his birthday. Help him or get him some help to do a through cleaning of his apartment. Does he have a comfortable recliner and a good reading light?

Yeah...how about a 55" Samsung smart TV?

/ Advice for a birthday gift for a 65 year old guy?? #18  
Yeah...how about a 55" Samsung smart TV?

I did that for my wife's brother who doesn't get out much due to health of his retirement apartment.
Spent the day with him setting it up, getting it all programmed and hooked to surround sound. And then dinner with him and my wife at a local cafe. He had a good day as did we.