Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon!

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #21  
txdon,
We did make it don, we survived and are not in any debt at all.
In those early years it was pretty darned scary.
I remember when I sent that olive oil to Eddie Walker in Texas, it was a real financial sacrifice.
Just the postage was a lot of money to us back then and I sent 3 liters I believe.
We didn't have any "extra" money when we started out.
Everyone on TractorByNet was so good to us, when we didn't know what we were doing you were there for us, sending that olive oil to be shared at the party was the only way I could think of to say thank you.
Don, you describe the flavor well, thanks for remembering and commenting.

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #22  
We still hve the same tractors Egon. It is every farmers dream to have a tractor for every implement, but we have not realized that dream, LOL!

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #24  
To: Jim Walch
Thanks Jim!
My husband made shrimp for dinner last night too.
He sauteed the shrimp in plenty of our olive oil and some garlic.
He used plain old instant rice (yeah I know) and had sauteed the shrimp in enough olive oil so that when he put the shrimp on the rice he poured on the olive oil from the pan on top. It was delicious, the olive oil functioned as a sauce for the rice. You will never get that great dish by using blah olive oil, it is the olive oil that makes that dish. And so simple, how hard is it to throw in a clove of garlic and sautee shrimp? Not that hard.

Jim, thanks for writing and remembering us, much appreciated.

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #25  
To:RonJHall
Ron, I saw your order, Amazon sends us reports of our sales and it put a big smile on my face.
You will get a letter from us soon, probably this coming week, I already mailed it.
With only 12 acres I don't have an advertising budget and Amazon has strict rules about contacting the buyers so I came up with the idea of sending out a thank you letter. Sending a thank you letter doesn't take a lot of time and it is just the cost of the stamp, I can fit the cost of the stamp into the budget.
Once I get some verified purchase reviews then I will look at promoting it on Twitter & Facebook and maybe on Amazon itself and I'll look at Google Ad Words. But for now I send a thank you letter.

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #26  
We are new on Amazon, two maybe three weeks now. I went through every e-mail, and I had 5,000 of them (yes I did clean out while doing this project) and sent everybody an e-mail letting them know our olive oil is for sale on Amazon. The European law changed and we now have to use phalate free hoses in addition to the BP free hoses so the last time I was in the States I bought a 40ft dairy hose and brought it back in my suitcase. They charge $14 a meter over here so that was a good savings by buying it in the US. The sales associate I bought it from over the internet, she got an e-mail from me saying our olive oil is now on Amazon. While visiting my mother, I realized that she needed to give one of her kids Power of Attorney as I could see her declining and I was worried how long it would be that she would still be competent, so I walked up and down the streets of her city, found a lawyer and got 'er done. My mom's lawyer, yup he got an e-mail saying our olive oil is now available on Amazon. Last night I finished the e-mails through the letter V so I am almost done with the alphabet.

The earliest sales were through our kids, basically you would say our social network (in the old days we would say our social circle) they contacted their friends and co workers and acquaintances. But we do have a few, what I call "Stranger" sales, we don't know the person who bought they are a stranger to us. You know where we are doing well? Washington DC. There is one "stranger sale," first he bought 1 @ 1L AOC, then he put in another order and bought 3 more. Then he bought Bouteillan on another order so he must love our olive oil or else why would he keep ordering more? He has no idea that he is our biggest customer. I sent him a nice thank you letter, in the thank you letter I always ask nicely if the person will leave a review but so far we only have 2 reviews. And one out of the two didn't go into his orders and then push the "Write a Review Button" so it does not show verified purchase. Enough time has gone by since I sent the thank you letter to that Washington DC customer for him to have received it, so I guess that means he is not going to leave a review which is such a shame as I bet he would leave a glowing review since he ordered 3 separate times.

Trust me what we are doing, being an Amazon Seller is not for the faint of heart. All said and done Amazon charges us right around 1/3 of the sales in fees and there is a lot of competition. It is very hard to go through all the hoops at Amazon, get approved to sell grocery and then do everything else perfectly to get your products shipped and stocked in their warehouses. Then you finally go through all that, get it up on Amazon and then you have to work to promote it or it just sits on the shelves at Amazon. What we are doing is NOT easy, not at all easy, but I believe in our olive oil, I know it is superior olive oil, the key I have figured out is to get Verified Purchase Reviews. I went through all of that prior effortto get this far, I have to figure out a way to convince the people who buy our olive oil to leave a review. This is the part I am struggling with now, how to do that. I know we will not be a long term success at Amazon without Verified Purchase Reviews, sure I may sell out what I sent just through our social network but that will not increase significantly, I need to break through to get more of those "Stranger Sales" and I realize I need Verified Purchase Reviews to do that.

This is what I am toying with, every day I get an Amazon report of the customers name and address and what they bought and I send out a Thank you letter from France to them within 48 hours. I'm thinking to wait for about a month and if they have not left a review to send them a second letter saying, "Well it is has been a month I hope you are loving the olive oil, if so, it would help us out a lot if you could go into your Amazon Orders, find the order from when you bought our olive oil and push the "Leave a Review" button. That would help us out a lot.

My own cousin bought some of our olive oil, I sent her my thank you letter and even my own cousin did not leave a review so clearly, clearly getting people to leave a review is a much harder task than I had ever anticipated. One thing I will not do is lie or cheat, I am not going to go in and put in phony reviews. To be a sustaining seller on Amazon I know I gotta figure out how to get people to leave a review because on Amazon reviews drive sales. I did everything else right, people prefer to buy through Prime and Shipped by Amazon, I signed up for that and i pay the fees for that. I wrote long and detailed information about our products. I created a blog with even more information and verified laboratory test results, I just gotta figure out how to get people to leave a review. I know it can be done, I just have to figure out a way to motivate people to do that. So far I am not succeeding in that area. I'll keep working on it.

In the meantime thank you Dan for posting this on TBN, and to everyone who has bought our olive oil and especially to those who send us well wishes, not everyone can afford to buy our products but if you at least share the information with others that helps. It does make a wonderful wonderful gift, I can see some people are doing that because two people bought it but had it shipped to somebody else, so that must mean it was a gift. Many many thanks to all, sincerely thank you so much.

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #27  
While I participate daily on several forums. I never leave reviews on products. My words just do not seem to have the same effect that others have written after I read them before posting. So no reviews.
Where we spend winter my wife has been purchasing Olive oil from the Olive Mill in Queens Creek, AZ. Nice packaging. But the oil is not as good. Check out there site. This place is packed with people almost everyday.
Best I can say. Thanks for making your products available on Amazon.

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #28  
My bottle of EVOO Aglandau arrived this week. Last night I used it to make Mediterranean chicken.

Real simple recipe:
2 lbs chicken (I typically use about 4-5 drumsticks and 2 thighs, but you could also use thawed boneless/skinless chicken breasts)
2 pints grape tomatoes
2 small cans sliced black olives
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste

Crumbled feta cheese at serving

Mix all ingredients (except feta cheese) in a bowl and let sit 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450F.

Spread one layer deep in large cast iron pan or baking dish, bake at 450 for 40 minutes (turn chicken halfway through). Remove from oven and sprinkle feta cheese on top.

I make this recipe fairly often because it's real easy. With Rox's oil, it was my best batch yet.

I've decided I'm hiding Rox's oil from the rest of the family and saving it for myself. :laughing:
They're not "oil worthy".

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #29  
TO: GSGANZER
That sounds like a real good recipe. The only thing I would try is to substitute 2 small cans of sliced black olives with pitted Dry Cured Black Greek Olives like these, Ooops, I paused writing to provide you with a link and I can't find them anywhere on line. I'll send you some if you can't find them, we eat these all the time. They are black olives that are wrinkly, do you know what I am talking about? It's late by me maybe tomorrow I'll take a pic. Maybe if you see the picture you will recognize them and know where to get them locally. Not only olive oil, but I love olives. The reason that recipe works is because you are using grape olives which are not that juicy, if you used diced tomatoes there is to much juice in them and it wouldn't tun out as well. I'm glad you like the oil :)

/ Rox's EVOO(Olive Oil) for sale on Amazon! #30  
Rox; again commendations on your perseverance and dedication to your prodjects at hand.