Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat

/ Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #1  

rox

Veteran Member
My daughter made a Facebook page for our Mas Des Bories Olive Oil and I have been negligent posting pictures on it, so I got to that today. I thought maybe TBNers would enjoy because they have a tractor in them. The tractor is ancient and burns oil but it runs! Our neighbor Claude who is retired from owning an auto repair shop keeps our tractors going. He says that the Staub Tractor is not really a Staub as he replaced the motor with a VW motor and various miscellaneous parts. One thing I noticed on our tractors, the hydraulics are great, no implement sags down. Enjoy the pictures, you can read our blog for extensive information
Mas Des Bories – Salon de Provence France – Premium- Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Moulin
and you can find our olive oil on Amazon
Amazon.com: Mas des Bories

I tried to do an interesting picture, I folded a nice table cloth on top of the wheeled ladder we use for pruning the trees and then put the plate of sliced tomatoes on that. Nico was a good sport for posing pouring the olive oil on. He always looks good in pictures.

The Recipe:
Slice Garden Tomatoes
Place a sprig of Fresh Basil on Top
Pour on Mas Des Bories Olive Oil
Enjoy!

Attachments

• TomatoSalad.jpg
    TomatoSalad.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Nico-Pouring-OliveOil-Tomato-3.jpg
    Nico-Pouring-OliveOil-Tomato-3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
  • Nico-Pouring-OliveOil-Tomato-6.jpg
    Nico-Pouring-OliveOil-Tomato-6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
   / Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #2  
Yum, looks good and is good stuff.
I didn't realize it had been so long ago, I do remember getting two bottles of your Olive Oil, and one was the AOC. Now that it's easier to get, we will be getting some more.

Last edited:
   / Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #3  
Interesting reading. I will talk to my wife about ordering some oil.

/ Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #4  
Heaven, tomatoes, olive oil and basil. A few sliced sweet onions in vinegar on the side and a baguette.

This week we got our first ripe tomato's. Heirloom Brandyvine.

/ Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #5  
Never mind that tractor, I want to see more picture of that wall!!!! Do you know how old it is? My favorite thing about Europe is seeing what they build out of rock!!!

/ Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat
Never mind that tractor, I want to see more picture of that wall!!!! Do you know how old it is? My favorite thing about Europe is seeing what they build out of rock!!!

Eddie,
So interesting that you would ask about the wall. Two years ago we had what they call a 500 year flood. In our back fields, we pass the city cemetery and go up a road behind the cemetery to get to our back fields, we had a LOT of our dry laid stone walls fall down and so did the cemetery. Big huge boulders blocked that back road. For two years we have been employing Ahmed, he is from Tunisia which apparently are the BEST stone workers in the world. Nico offered to employ a second person to help Ahmed but he said, "No," it would be a waste of money. Every single stone he lays Eddie he had forms, by chipping on it with his hammer. He chips a flat surface on every stone and the flat surface is what he puts down on top of the stone below it. Every stone. He is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We pay him 130 Euros a day cash, and he just works and works and works, all by himself. He is on his second year with us, he works about 4 months a year by us. The only thing about Ahmed is, he doesn't drive so Nico ahs to go pick him up in the morning and give him a ride home at night. As far as we can tell he spends about 6 months a year in France and 6 months back with his wife in Tunisia.

I love this guy! He is SO PROUD of his daughter, think about it her father is a stone mason, yet she has gone through schooling, is already a lawyer in Tunisia and is getting schooled to be a Judge. She studies in France and Germany and Switzerland. Eddie, these are poor people, I swear almost all his money he make he gives it to his daughter to continue her studies. He is SO PROUD of her, and actually so am I. He may be a simple stone mason, but I swear he is the BEST. he knows his craft, he knows it. Our rocks over here are soft, so it doesn't take much hammering to form them, but every single stone he lays is perfect. Tomorrow I promise I will go and take pictures and post. You will be amazed. His only tools are his hammer and a string, no levels, nothing fancy like that, just his hammer and a string.

Amazon sends me reports so i can see who has purchased, I keep looking for Texas orders, I got one from Denton Texas, is that you?

Check back again tomorrow, I'll post pics of the stone walls, our original stone walls date back to jsut around 1800, so they lasted a long time and MOST are still intact.

Heaven, tomatoes, olive oil and basil. A few sliced sweet onions in vinegar on the side and a baguette.

This week we got our first ripe tomato's. Heirloom Brandyvine.

NO VINEGAR Egon, NO VINEGAR, you don't need vinegar with our olive oil, just pour it on straight over your tomatoes.
And after you eat the tomatoes, tip up the plate and suck off the juice of olive oil mixed with the fresh tomato juice.
Your wife can use a teaspoon like I do. :)

THAT would be fabulous milman!
I'll look for orders from Kentucky on my Amazon reports. :)

/ Mas des Bories Olive Oil in it's Natural Habitat #10  
The vinegar is just for the onions in a side dish.

Bread does real good at mopping up the plate.