I have a new knee!

/ I have a new knee! #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Haven't walked on it yet but will this afternoon. Dr Patel told wife and family that my knee was "nasty". Said one of roughest he has seen. Everybody at the hospital have been super nice to myself and my family.

And they are giving me GOOD drugs.

Our preacher came by and gave me a roll of 'kids quarters'. The kids at our church put their quarters in the collection plate each Sunday. They are rolled up in paper rolls the little ones color. The rolls have "Kid's Quarters" on one side and our church's name in the on the other. When the preacher or elders visit someone in the hospital they go thru the intensive care waiting rooms and give them to families for the drink and snack machines. Have had people tell us about being in the waiting room and having this big guy come thru gleefully giving a couple hundred dollars of quarters out to people. Said he would talk and laugh with the families telling about how many quarters are dropped each Sunday and the kids crawling under pews and out in the aisles picking them up while everybody laughs. That is a good ministry.

RSKY

/ I have a new knee! #2  
Good luck on your full recovery!

/ I have a new knee! #3  
Wanna know what it looks like? This one is rom DePuy, a division of Johnson & Johnson.

FullSizeRender-L.jpg

/ I have a new knee! #4  
Congrats and goodluck.

/ I have a new knee! #6  
Good Luck and I hope all goes well.

I can't believe you are posting already! :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I wonder if you will hear the Bionic Man sound effects when you start walking? :p:D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ I have a new knee! #7  
Happy new knee!
Good luck to you. Now, this is important, don't be a hero. By that I mean stay with the pain meds. Keep taking them don't fall behind. Keep in front of the pain. Mr. pain is there, he's just hidding. Keep him hidden.

/ I have a new knee! #8  
My wife got hers 2 months ago. She's finishing up physical therapy now. Still has pain problems sometimes. Can't get comfortable sometimes. But definitely doesn't want her old knee back.

Push yourself. Especially on full extension and retraction exercises. Soon as you get home start walking. Terry's Doctor wanted her walking an hour a day, non stop. Sounds easy...... Push yourself.

And Chuck is telling you a great truth. Pop them pills like a Junky for the first week at least.

/ I have a new knee!
They had me walking less than four hours after getting a room.

On a side note, everybody has been friendly, very helpful, and telling me constantly to let them know if I need anything.

/ I have a new knee! #10  
They had me walking less than four hours after getting a room.

On a side note, everybody has been friendly, very helpful, and telling me constantly to let them know if I need anything.

Yep. They'll have a goal they want you to reach before they'll release you. May even test you on stairs.

Tomorrow your leg is gonna look like it's been thru a War. :)