Not tractor related just so cool..

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #2  
Hmmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The text comes through alright, but I can't see the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #3  
It is a video and it requires Flash 6.

I had seen this a while ago -- but it is still neat to see again.

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #4  
Rube Goldberg would have been proud. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No computer tricks... )</font>

I don't believe it. There are a couple of scenes that don't quite look right. Especially the part with the three wheels rolling up the ramp. When the next wheel is "nudged", it looks like it accellerated uphill.

Still a very cool video though.

Dave

/ Not tractor related just so cool..
Dave,
I thought the same thing but a car nut friend of mine says it's true. The shear weight (after getting bumped) of those tires (75lbs) gives it the momentum.
-Terry

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #7  
After a misserable day TRYING to fix & repair cars, one of those days where you take a step forward but fall 5 steps back. It brings back a smile to my frowning face.

Very neat!

Thanks!

/ Not tractor related just so cool.. #8  
When the second to last tire bumps the last tire, the last tire starts moving uphill. The second to last tire then rebounds a little, and then continues up hill! I no physicist, but I remember enough from collegeto know that doesn't happen.

Snopes.com

Snopes says the tires (tyres) trick was done with internal weights, and that the whole thing was done in two shots, not one.

Still impressive.

Dave

/ Not tractor related just so cool..
"When the second to last tire bumps the last tire, the last tire starts moving uphill. The second to last tire then rebounds a little, and then continues up hill! I no physicist, but I remember enough from collegeto know that doesn't happen."

Dave, the guys at work say the tires have a counter balance weight. Once it gets bumped the weight keeps it rolling.
That could explain it.
-Terry