I figured out why I hate tv

/ I figured out why I hate tv #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
I have people ask me why I don't wAtc tv. And usually tell them nothing's on or I don't want to spend money on it. Well I figured it out its bad for my blood pressure. I've been courting a Filipino girl for a few months and we were at her house talking and she turned the tv on to Alaska the last frontier. I told her it was ok but stupid Tv stuff. It was the episode where the father hand dug an outhouse pit in the frozen ground 10 feet deep I told her it was stupid to watch them spend half a show making some thing like that. Take the mini ex and dig the hole. They kept talking about it being frozen. I told her a ripper would be easy to fix. But then spent half a day making a cow bra.

I think the last gold mining show I watched they made a whole show on putting a thrown track back on a D10. Anyway I had good company through it

/ I figured out why I hate tv #4  
Well, for all you folks out there in Radio Land this beautiful song goes to TTN by special request. Enjoy:

/ I figured out why I hate tv #5  
I feel your pain, Taylor. When my last TV died in 1997, I never replaced it. There was never much to watch anyway, and I would rather spend my time on music, or guns, or martial arts, or reading books, ... or anything other than vegging in front of a TV. I lived just fine without one until I got remarried in 2013. My wife had a big flatscreen that she also rarely watched. Since her Grandmother died, we now have two big flatscreens; one in the livingroom, and one in her youngest son's bedroom. Ours almost never comes on. This is a little tougher now that it's hockey season, but I still manage to suppress even that most of the time.

/ I figured out why I hate tv #6  
PJ, is that a 4 string? You're not supposed to be soloing on a 4 string. You will get kicked out of most bands for even touching that string, let alone the 15th fret of it.

/ I figured out why I hate tv #7  
Both my wife and me, enjoy watching TV, and we both really like the Direct TV Sat service too... I don't see us giving it up any time soon...

I set the DVR to record the shows we like, and I just take the commercials out when we watch the shows... lol

SR

/ I figured out why I hate tv #8  
PJ, is that a 4 string? You're not supposed to be soloing on a 4 string. You will get kicked out of most bands for even touching that string, let alone the 15th fret of it.

Hahahaha ... yes, it's a 4-stringer. That pic was taken when I was playing with a Sammy Hagar tribute band, and we were playing a Chickenfoot song which required those notes during the breakdown. So, not my fault that time. :p

My regular bass is a custom 6-stringer from Fishbone Bass Guitars. That one really irks guitar players. :D

Fishbone 1.JPG

/ I figured out why I hate tv #9  
This is scary...For a direct insight into the average intelligence of the American household (and electorate)...all you have to do is look at the intelligence level of the most popular TV shows...

IMO...the worst thing about TV (besides the idiotic themes of so many shows) is the advertising...from the spots that run ad nauseam back to the idiocy level...the point is...even if you do not sit through commercials...they and the advertisers control what shows are aired...which leads right back to the general viewing populous...which is obviously not the most intelligent demographic...

It's too bad American consumers can't unite and take control of the ultimate power they have...but like I heard on TV...you can't fix stupid...!

/ I figured out why I hate tv #10  
Minimum TV watching for me... there's just nothing that important on anymore. "Sky" News in the morning + the "Sky Weather" channel (mostly for the cute weather girls with the big... ah... eyes!). Then it's switched off until the evening local news.

I do record some shows but then never get around to watching them. :confused3:

So I guess that the TV is mostly there for when I have guests who are somewhat addicted to watching.